Why so many OT subjects?

It's either that or else someone must be forcing him to read the off topic posts.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Ive never checked. But its indeed high. When Im not working, or working in the shop, Im often connected. Since Ive got a laptop running in the shop via wifi..when I take a break from something, I can read and reply to a few posts.

Its too hot to go shooting unless its late in the day..and after having spent most of the day outdoors..I dont feel like going back out and laying in the hot dust and getting kicked by whatever thunder boomer I dragged along.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

She is an asshole too. You are in good company.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

It doesnt help making bad examples by making wrong transpositions. At least it doesn't help in making you look smart.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Just don't go into the coffe shop and ask for a can of paint. It doesn't make you look so clever.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I wasn't being critical. I'm the same way. Don't watch any network or cable TV. It's a collossal waste of time.

But I've learned to touch-type since the inception of the WWW. I can remember vividly when my boss said "hey, check this out. You can look at files on somebody else's computer, on the other side of the world."

I also recall thinking, "wow, that's gonna be a short-lived fad."

LOL.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Why are you hung up on "clever" and "smart"? It seems to me that I can't recall trying to appear to be clever or smart. There is just no one in this world that I care to think that I am something that I'm not.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I believe that. You didn't even try to _look_ like.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Sure but there comes a time when there is more talking around the water-cooler than work and thats a problem.

Reply to
TMN

This must be a union or gvmt news group.

John

Reply to
john

Lies only if they can be proven so.

You make the standard assumption that everyone who disagrees with you is a Liberal. Small minds.............

Reply to
John Kunkel

Noone is complaining if a thread goes OT. But they start OT. If that is OK, I can't understand what the newsgroups name stands for. Why isn't it rec.palaver, rec.anything or rec.gunner? The group has a subject, that's why people read it. If they would be interested in Gunners political shit, they would read shit.gunner.*) If they are interested in electronics they read an electronics group. It can be easily found by looking at the groups name. Not so here. Here are so many that think that it is their group and that they can pee in every corner like they do it at home.

*) The fact that this group doesn't exist only shows that no one is interested in his farts.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

About two weeks ago I finally activated my filter. IF you put in " Re: OT" as the subject to delete, you will not see any off topic postings. I just deleted a select few and it made a big difference because some of the ot stuff to me is still interesting, and some is downright funny.

John

Reply to
john

There are a few people coming in my shop every day and making mess there. Since I bought a new shovel and installed a cleaning wife, everything is fine now. >>8-/

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Easily done. Even by you if you put those last remaining neurons to work.

You make the standard assumption that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. No minds.....

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

I mean really fellas. This thread is getting longer than Hillary '08. At least that one had a subject. :-)

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

If you gotta' try to look ANYTHING...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

YEA! ...but the problem is that anyone who knows how to do the work is out by the water cooler. Fire the bastards!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Badda-Boom, Badda Bing!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It does kinda' tell you something...I think tensions are just high in everyone but the oblivious and it's just a way of de-stressing.

Reply to
Tom Gardner