OT: Super Monitors to junk?

Awl--

Two Sony commercial grade monitors, model PVM-191Q (I think--no foolin about the PVM ), 21" trinitrons. Fancy Fancy Fancy, w/ carrying handles, pert near 100 inputs/outputs/controls, inputs of a fancy cable variety (BNC?) type, gorgeous. Hate to throw'em out, but edict from l'wife. Clearly old tech, but such extraordinary quality, really a shame, proly still good/useful to some techie. At one time, extraordinarily expensive. From Pepsi Cola. Gotta tell me quick.

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll Party Nominee, IPPVM Independent Party of the Proctologically Violated®© (M)asses "That's proly not a hemorrhoid you're feeling.... " entropic3.14decay at optonline2.718 dot net remove pi and e to reply--ie, all d'numbuhs

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I was in a similar situation recently, had to give a 21" CRT monitor away just this weekend. Could not sell it. It worked great, though it had a cracked corner due to falling from a couch 4 years ago. I replaced it with a LCD screen.

Ignoramus11590

Reply to
Joseph Crabtree

- Search for the Freecycle group in your local area. They'll be gone in less than 24 hours. Those folks take anything...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:Yir%g.24$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.lga...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

not anything. A lot of idiots writing, such as spouses (trying to be gender neutral here) who say that their spouse would definitely want X, only to later cancel the appointment saying that "no, he does not need that". I could not give away a lot of unsellable junk.

Ignoramus11590

I post it, collect e-mail addresses and then pull those addresses out of a hat until someone comes and gets it. They have a few days to show up or I go to the next person.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Around here (California) you have to pay to get some one to haul it away. Sad!

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

Hah! Leave it (anything) in an unlocked car and go have a coffee.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Yes, here in Austin the Goodwill Computer store turns away monitors unless you pay them the hazardous material disposal fee. So I gave them away on Freecycle...

Reply to
Emmo

County dump takes em off your hands for free here where I'm at.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Definitely interested if you are anywhere near E. TN

Reply to
Nick Hull

Yonkers, NY. :( Ahma put dat in my sig--might as well make the sig even longer. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®