OT surveillance camera for a car?

LOL Tell us that other one again about how the liberals were making bomb threats against you.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

A while back, like 2001, I was working for a guy that serviced banks. Mostly PC support but while I was with him I got a look at how how efficient the data compression was of those cameras at ATM's. The data was cached at each branch location and then sent over some damn slow links like 56K frame relay to the momma bank. He was using compression software from RealNetworks back then. Those banks squeezed their data links like they squeeze customers. ;)

Oh, the pictures were color and looked pretty good.

Wes

Wes

Almost EVERY person I've fired then applies for unemployment and I have to go through hearings and appeals. Is it worth prosecuting some thuggy for a couple hundred dollars worth of tools and damage? Is it worth the possibility of same thuggy burning my factory down for revenge or hurting somebody? It wouldn't surprise me if I posted the video that I'd get sued because.......................

Reply to
Buerste

If you were truly afraid of having your factory burned down etc. then you for damned sure wouldn't be spewing the crap you're so fond of here. For gawds sake, you already claimed that the liberals were threatening you with bombs, but failed to post the proof of that as well.

You can't think of a single reason, yet it's the reason you won't show the video. Ridiculous.

Oh well, at least we know you can't be on the list of cullers. Too much chance of getting sued, right? Too funny.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:59:47 -0500, "Robert Swinney" wrote the following:

by ignoring laws.

Red Rivulets Rule, Right, Swiney? (after the pink mist flyeth)

Alas, 'tis only a pleasant dream.

Maybe if the rest of the states adopted Utah's firing squad techniques...

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tom,

Have you ever considered picking up and moving? Pick your spot anywhere in the Midwest bible belt and you'll get a great workforce for a much lower labor cost, local governments will give you incentives, buildings are standing empty. Not to mention the better quality of life and crime like this just don't exist.

I know we'll make the local paper over this:

A Holstein bull calf was found in our driveway. Julie called the sheriff and then I noticed a sticker on the calf. We said, it had to come from the local auction; Hotoveck's run that. So, we called and reminded him his wife is out here every year with her kindergarten class. he went into his office at night to find the owner. meanwhile, we knew the calf was starving so we asked a neighbor that used to run a dairy to help. He made a hut for the calf and found milk replacer to feed him. A short while later, both the sheriff and Hotoveck's called back with the ID of the owner. The calf had fell off the back of his truck onto the highway. The calf is now doing well.

Do you see items like this in your police report?

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:02:33 -0400, "Buerste" wrote the following:

Doesn't it truly suck that the speaking weasels and cops are on the side of the perp? And it's illegal to trap and/or destroy the vermin, too. Well, if you're caught.

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

most have switched to dvr's at this point. Quality is improving but it will be not be good enough as the sole evidence unless it gets super crisp and the perp is in view of the camera while commiting the crime.

Reply to
ATP

The system is completely rigged against employers and for malcontents and non-productive employees. I agree with you on the video, unless you have an HD quality closeup of the skell's face, it would only lead to problems caused by mistaken identity.

Reply to
ATP

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:25:05 GMT, Howard Eisenhauer wrote the following:

Right you are, Howie! LOL

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:33:03 -0400, Wes wrote the following:

I see. "were" and "lookED" being the key terms, eh?

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You cant simply slip someone a grand and have the perp killed?

Damn..Cleveland has gotten a whole bunch kinder and gentler since I was there 40 yrs ago.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"Gunner Asch" wrote

And cheaper. I hear the cost has been driven down to $500 or below. Or just throw the wrong fingers in the air, and you'll get shot for nothing. Being a deaf mute and using Ames in public must be getting hazardous.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

That shouldn't be an issue for Tom, who's said that he only hires hard-working conservatives. As for his claim that "every" one of them he fires causes him to go through hearings and appeals, that's just another whopper that he won't back up. Not to mention that it has nothing at all to do with being sued over surveillance video.

There are surveillance videos of such things on the news nightly, and unlimited numbers of them on YouTube, many of which *have* resulted in the perp being caught. The only reason Tom hasn't posted his is because it won't back up his story. If it exists at all then it's probably the typical 380 line infrared big-foot quality video that's mostly useless for catching anyone. The only thing it's any good for is as invisible evidence that the cops wouldn't do anything for him. Ironically, he says that it's worth nothing to him to track down a couple hundred dollar loss. Unless it's taxpayers footing the bill, then he'd be happy to have an investigator spend a day or two on the case.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

I saw a newspaper article on a rare cribbage hand that happened locally.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

I heard a Utah local AM radio program a while back called Tradio where people call in to get rid of all manner of things, or find things. I had a friend in the car with me, and was dialed in to the program. He was from southern Cal. I said, "We get the dangdest things on this program."

Then a caller wanted to know if anyone had any rotten apples they wanted to get rid of. He wanted them to feed his pigs, and all the ones on his trees that would fall off did. So, he offered to come over to your house and clean your yard if you had apple or fruit trees that had dropped fruit on the ground.

My liberal yuppy friend looked back and forth to me and the radio as this transpired.

I was going to tell him the latest news about the local polygamists, but figured he had enough for one day.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book

Reply to
Steve B

Yeap, I know your area Steve. Wife wanted to stay over night in that little town just outside of Zion then she wanted to go see a movie at that big movie complex. As we were standing in line I noticed that there was only one movie to choose from and commented about it and this young couple says that they only get a new movie like every month or two and that they have seen it a couple of dozen times and it's good.

Or a place not far from there I used the restroom in this nice old country store and there were about six men there talking at the counter all dressed the same in overalls and with the same looking gray beards as they walked out they all said good bye, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob, bye brother Bob.

The young people are the best, it must be the things I say to them, they seem to be missing something very basic that I can't place. They seem perplexed like your trying to explain something that they have never encountered, like something out of the Twilight Zone or Stepford Wives or maybe the Serta Sheep eyes. Hmmm, maybe not the sheep, just looked they have more expression LOL.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Do you want to see the video? Send me an e-mail or some where to send it. I'm pretty sure I still have it but I saw no use for it and it was more than a year ago. I now have armed security patrol the plant every couple of hours and we beefed-up external entry points and added more outside cameras in bullet-proof housings.

I don't believe in violence and would only use a weapon to defend my life or the lives of family and friends...unlike your violent tendencies. I guess you wouldn't understand someone with morals and a value system, no one in the leftist camp has any morals other than the ones they make up as the go along. The culling you should worry about is the separation of the sheep and the goats.

Reply to
Buerste

Now that I live in the "country", my local paper has stuff like that and the upcoming "Corn Festival"! I can hardly wait and I hope my local farm stand guy wins some awards, his produce is great...and cheap!

There's a chance that a new roadway will come right through my factory and I will move it out here in corn country! They have four possible routes and two of them hit me.

Reply to
Buerste

When I think about it, this guy and others like him are the product of leftist public schools, leftist education policies, leftist local government that has driven employers away, leftists destroyed value system, leftist diminished family and religious values, leftist peer pressure, etc. So, it's not really their fault, they are the product of their leftist controlled environment! Some Libtard Utopia, huh? I feel sorry for them and try to employ as many as I can. I DO have a number of success stories of employees turning their lives around, learning skills and being productive members of their families and society.

Reply to
Buerste