OT: Video Copy Guard Device

After checking things out, I ordered this to transfer a few retail VHS tapes to DVD:

very well, as advertised. Interestingly, several tapes I thought would be copy protected actually weren't (according to DVDRedPro), including Clash of the Titans and The Golden Voyage of Sinbad. Titanic, which for some unknown reason is Macrovision-ed to the gunwales, transferred perfectly. Without DVDRedPro, my Toshiba DVD recorder refuses to record it. No affiliation, just my .02 JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North