Refrigerator not working again

WHOOSH!

(The sound of an idea passing over an empty air space.)

Echo.

A reverberating WHOOSH!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

5 years old or so, yes it has room to vent.
Reply to
Ignoramus15834

Wow, bubble memory.

In my case, the repair was ripping out the old CNC control and making a new one.

Ignoramus15834

Troll? Ive several aquaintences who do HVAC...and it appears to be a true statement.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Indeed! Well said.

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ignoramus15834 fired this volley in news:gq6dnUFc5ZaGvgfRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I gotcha one better.

I rebuilt and serviced ASCII terminals that used 1K bytes of magneto- strictive delay line memory!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Well, not what I really like to hear, but this may be very pertinent.

Last night, after the fridge sat without electricity (and food) for over 12 hours, it still would not start -- the motor would buzz and then the overload relay would turn it off. I left it unplugged.

Just to be dead sure, I will try again tonight when I get home from work -- that would be 36 hours of sitting without power. I do not expect any different result.

At that point, if the fridge would not start, this is for sure not ANY kind of cooling issue, so I will just replace it with another fridge.

Ignoramus15834

I understand the implication of what you are saying, which is that it is an expensive fix.

But just for my education, what exactly is wrong so that there is lack of lubrication?

Say, why are the bearings in my 59 year old compressor working great and this fridge is dead at a relatively young age? (well, I know why my compressor is going well, because the pumpbearings are pressure lubricated).

Are there any "well made" refrigerators where things are designed to last long?

Ignoramus15834

I tried restarting yesterday after 12-14 hours. It did not start. I will start again today, after 36 or so hours, and will see. I am not expecting much.

Ignoramus15834

Not really, but you can try harder next time.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've seen some who were too stupid to place the system inside the marks painted on the floor of an equipment room. Eight systems, and not one within three feet of where it belonged. The morons screamed that they wouldn't move them, till their boss was called to remove everything from the pair of new buildings. It was a new college campus.

Another used so much flex that you couldn't get into the attic of a new building, and the morons ripped out the wiring for the fire alarm system.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That sounds like Orlando. Frequent news stories about HVAC companies committing fraud. the owners claim that they will fire the 'bad employee', but the news crew frequently get shots of them still driving a marked company vehicle days to months later.

I guess that there aren't enough small, crooked used car lots to hire all these idiots.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

This was in the early '80s, and it was in one version of TI's IBM XT clone. It was used as a remote data entry teminal for billing at a Cable TV office. It replaced a cassette tape based NCR 300 baud terminal that was installed in 1979

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

With an 8 or a 16 pound sledge hammer? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wow. What year was that?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Nice IKYABWAI, PeeWee

Mike Hocksbigg

Sadly, PeeWee Herman is more of a man than you'll ever be. It must be all that freon you've huffed.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Re-read above ^, PeeWee.

Mike Hocksbigg

Perhaps, once he has determined that the solution is beyond his ability, of course. Don't be bustin his ass because he's making that effort. Furthermore, we in this group HELP, unlike those responders at alt.hvac Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Yes, but did it have ventricles in the frammistan? ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise