Reliable Tools storefront closed !@#$!!!!

Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months.

Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only"

Shitshitshitshitshit!!!!

Any other surplus tool store fronts in So Cal along RTs line?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

William Noble

we lost LB Metals on the East Coast, sold out.

Reply to
Tony

If you're ever in the Costa Mesa area of Orange County, there is a hardware store called Wright Borthers Hardware that has surplus machines, hardware, scrap metals, materials overun, used endmills, tools,ect. An all around metal workers hardware, mostly used stuff. Probably nothing in the scale of Reliable Tools but interesting to scounge around in anyway. This place is behind Grant's Guns that is easily seen off of Newport Blvd.

trg-s338

Reply to
trg-s338

ok, so here's an idea - how about we keep a thread going (or a list somewhere) of cool surplus tool places, like the one below, like Cal Aero, like WeirdStuff Warehouse (Hayward), sort by state/region, and add a few comments - could be very helpful to find new places - for example B&B mini-blinds in Van Nuys has a really great selection of surplus tooling (and it wouldn't be obvious from the name). Oh, and Reliable still has parking lot sales on occasion.

Reply to
William Noble

I was in there last week chatting with Jeff Wright. He doesnt have much.

But thanks

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

According to Gunner Asch :

Do you think that this happened about the time they started having a shill posting pointers to their auctions here?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That shill is an eBay affiliate, he posts similar shills in other newsgroups (like the photography newsgroup).

Ignoramus17253

The word is that they were losing money on their store front, so they closed it down.

Sigh....snivel...sob....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

So whats the final word? Is it closed or not?

Reply to
mckingsley

the retail store is closed, but they will have occasional parking lot sales - I was told this in person by several of the staff at the last parking lot sale

Reply to
William Noble

Closed

Damnit

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

as an aside to this, I stopped by CalAero to look for a small right angle drill accessory (the kind used on aircraft sheet metal) - they didn't have it, but they had a lot of 30, 40 and 50 taper tooling put out - they said they wanted to get rid of all their surplus (no idea what that leaves them with to sell) - the web site says new management - maybe they will become another "cheap tools from china" place rather than a place to buy surplus cutting tools - if you are near Paramount in Los Angeles, it may be worth checking out just in case the information I was told is actually what htey intend to do

Reply to
William Noble

Ill certainly do this. Im gonna need some 40 taper when I can finally arrainge transport of that Albene to my home.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch