Rifle Barrels and a question

I'm sorry I can't find the original post again, but I recently downloaded a

10 page article on rifle barrels that was included therein. Thanks for the lead. Now my question is this: Has anyone bought the Guy Lautard video on home-shop rifle barrel making? Comments please.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I am far from expert on deep hole drilling, but I considered the purchase worthwhile. The person seems to know what he's talking about. His stuff makes much more sense than some other books I have seen on the subject.

Reply to
keith bowers

Reply to
Robert Swinney

The article you are looking for might be

I have not seen the tape, but I do know that it centers around using a modified lathe to do the drilling, reaming and rifling.

Randy

Reply to
robrian

Actually the tape centers (pardon the pun) on a home-built specialized machine to do barrel drilling, reaming, and rifling. It is not intended to be a commercially viable machine, rather more of an experimental, homeworkshop hobby type device. But the instructions are clear, and detailed, and the price is very worthwhile for what you get. If your desire is to make a few barrels for yourself, and friends, by all means, get the tape. I bought it just to satisfy my curiosity, and will probably never build the machine.

Intrepid

Reply to
Intrepid

Reply to