shameless ebay peddle- 92uF 535VAC caps

Rotary converter people have been asking me all sorts of questions about these caps I listed on ebay, item 280114168058 so maybe somebody here is interested as well.

They're large 92uf 535VAC oil filled film caps from an online UPS. One of them in a one string blew up so they were all swapped. I'll be testing them for capacitance out of range (too low capacitance is a bad sign in a metallized foil cap).

I think I have about 20 or so. They're mostly Aerovox, with some Ronken mixed in. They seem to have Liebert looking part numbers.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I have similar caps (92 uF, 535 VAC) in my own phase converter. Mine are Dielektrol brand by GE.

Ignoramus20083

It's a strange rating, I'm guessing they were OEMed as well.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

No idea. Mine are rectangular. See them here

Ignoramus20083

Wow! - 17.5 phases in 360 degrees - Impressive :-) Oh - 17.5 HP three phase not poly phase.

Those are honking caps!

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Ignoramus20083 wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn