DON'T RESPOND

DON'T RESPOND TO THESE TROLLS LIKE THE ONE IN THE MESSAGE JUST BEFOR MINE. IF YOU DO THEN THEY KNOW SOMEONE IN THIS GROUP WILL LISTEN AND NEXT WE
WILL BE BOMBARDED BY THEIR CRAP. IT WILL RUIN THIS GROUP John in the Indian Nations
NICHE541 skriver:

If you have stopep shouting now, then tell Me, why You don't want Me to reply to Philip Anderson's message about his gas station.
Perhaps you just need a good service provider with a spam filter ?
And perhaps you need to lighten up and not shout so much?
Klaus
On 9/26/2008 6:50 AM Klaus D. Mikkelsen spake thus:

Ackshooly, my newsreader shows a post entitled "I AM DOMME HEAR ME ROAR.25 year old Woman BellaPura" above this one, which is probably what the OP was referring to, not Phil's post.

Maybe we should start a vigilante campaign to hunt down spammers.

Well, ALL CAPS DOES GET HARD TO TAKE AFTER A WHILE ...

Based on the way UseNet works, it's hard to tell just what post might be above another one... the post preceding this one on my list is about a train show in Minnesota. Hardly what I'd consider troll bait. : )
And, as far as the ALL CAPS = SHOUTING is concerned... with my poor eyesight, all caps, especially w/o a serif is much easier for me to read... I guess you could say I'm visually hard of hearing. My cousin who happens to know this SHOUTS AT ME ALL OF THE TIME!!! : )
Have a good weekend one and all...
dlm

If you use OE for your e-mail, you can go to: -
Tools/Options/Compose/Mail and Tools/Options/Compose/News
and change the fonts you use to a much larger ones.
If you go to: -
Tools/Options/Read and at the bottom of the window click on Fonts, you can change the size and font that you use to read messages.
I'm sure other e-mail and newsgroup clients have similar options. People really should learn to explore their computers and see what options are available to them. obviously, the people who write these application know their are people, like myself, who need larger fonts, it just behoves us to explore the programs and find out what's available to us.
-- Cheers Roger T. See the GER at: - http://www.islandnet.com/~rogertra /

I was not refering to the post about the model gas station. I was refering to the two pornagraphic posts that were pposted just befor me.. I thought everyone saw the same screen. Now as far as what you call shouting is concerned I do have a vision problem and I cannot see mistakes when I am typoing. when I am out of the google groups I use CAPS all of the time. There are no absolute rules that say that capital letters are shouting. how absurd! Anyway I got your attention didn't I. i still emphasize that people not respond to those trolls. Dr. John Hubbard
I was not refering to the post about the model gas station. I was refering to the two pornagraphic posts that were pposted just befor me.. I thought everyone saw the same screen. Now as far as what you call shouting is concerned I do have a vision problem and I cannot see mistakes when I am typoing. when I am out of the google groups I use CAPS all of the time. There are no absolute rules that say that capital letters are shouting. how absurd!
If you re-read my post I was trying to ASSIST you in arranging for you not to use caps which, all over the 'net, indicates shouting, whether you think it's absurd or not.
That's the convention. Deal with it!
So, re-read my post, follow the instructions, and hopefully you will be able to read posts without using caps and drawing fire for shouting.
I also have poor eyesight and do not need to resort to caps except, as in this post, to get the point across.
-- Cheers Roger T. See the GER at: - http://www.islandnet.com/~rogertra /
Roger T. wrote:

    Well said, sir.
    There are settings that can be adjusted to make viewing one's monitor that doesn't interfere with others on Usenet.

Nope.
If you have vision problems, use a larger display font on your monitor. I'm surprised you don't find caps *harder* to read than conventional text, as all letters are the same size and harder to differentiate. Use caps all the time here or elsewhere on the net and you will find yourself getting ignored pretty quickly as a nutter who simply wants to shout his own opinion.
--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan

As written, here by me there is nothing. Ditch google groups and use something serious.

So you are shouting at averyone ?
Hold down shift at your keyboard and scroll up on your mouse, then everything gets bigger and is more easy to read - insteaf of souting and beeing rude.

Yes, just like a troll....
Klaus
NICHE541 wrote:

You are correct in that there are no *absolute rules* that say capital letters are shouting.
However, since you use Google to access usenet groups, try also using Google to search for "nettiquete". You will find that although there are no rules about caps, it is indeed a *well known* and *well followed* convention.
You will also find that the convention for emphasis is to use *asterisks*, as I am doing here.

Not really. Although there are no "absolute rules" against shouting your entire oral conversation at someone, doing so would be considered rude. It's no different online.
> Anyway I got your attention

Yes, but certainly not in a useful, friendly, or constructive way. Basically, you've shouted at us that you're a bore and should probably be ignored.

Thanks, but we're capable of figuring that out ourselves.

Stevert

Nobody tells Fred C. Dobbs not to respond! ---Fred C. Dobbs
video guy - www.locoworks.com wrote:

Aw, come on Fred, you know that statement isn't true!!! Anybody can tell you, your just stubborn, and don't follow directions well!!! ;-)
Chuck D.