Sheesh!

My hobby is making small gasoline engines. Recently I completed one of my own design, made from scrap pieces picked up here and there. Made every piece- crankshaft, cam, block, head, pistons- the whole thing. I'm 84, so I work at my own pace and it took about 9 months to complete. Shortly after, a relative came by for s short visit and wanted to see my shop. While showing him around, I flipped the flywheel on my little engine and it cranked and ran to perfection. He leaned over and said "What does it do?" I said "Hell, it runs. Can't you hear it?" Walt

Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy

LOL. I'd love to see some pictures.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Some people simply don't appreciate the finer things in life.

Got pictures of your engines ?

Reply to
john

In that case perhaps you would like to test this idea.

Quite a few people have tried this idea and swear that it works. Singh (the inventor ) is not selling anything.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Well in _my_ spare time I _attempt_ to make working IC engines. So far I have one working venturi, a few clamps and accessories, several ruined pistons, con rods, and sleeves to my credit -- but no complete working engines, and except for the working venturi no real modified engines that depend on my stuff.

So _I'm_ impressed.

And as a design engineer who's seen a similar lack of regard for the cumulative result of 10 man-years of effort by a half-a-dozen really capable people -- I can sympathize.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I often hear this: "What is it good for?" "Why did you build it?" "Could it drive my lawn mower?"

Ignore them! YOU have built it by your own. It runs! You know every piece, know how to make it, hated and loved it. You can't buy that.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Some good folks have no idea how things work or how they are made. An engine running is unremarkable to them because engines are

*supposed* to run -- that's what they do!

After months of getting glazed looks at my responses to the question "what are you doing now that you're retired", I just say "whatever I want". Most folks let it go at that.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I hope im breathing when when I turn 84.

John

Reply to
John

I hope I'm building engines when I'm 84 :-D.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Reply to
c.henry

Reply to
c.henry

Chris sez:

"> I hope I'm building engines when I'm 84 :-D."

Me too, Chris and I hope you'll be reporting on them so I can keep up.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy

Walt, email them to me. I've got plenty of webspace, I'll be happy to put them on the web and post a URL here. Standing offer to the group by the way. I should automate something...

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

A generous offer indeed. He could also e-mail them to the dropbox at metalworking.com and get them posted that way.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Jim sez:

"> A generous offer indeed. He could also e-mail them to the

How can we stick 'em on Iggy's wicki ?

Bob (wonder what happened to it) Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Every family has one or two that makes you wonder if you are really related.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

No. Then it would be a sticky wicki....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

The files are in the .35mm format; he's sending them to me and I'll convert 'em to .jpg format.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"OK, so it runs, but *what* does it *do*??? Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling