shipping responsibility question

Never argue with sucess.

Speaking for myself I had a letter 1st class with a sizeable check lost, $25 fee to cancel, plus the hassle of expaining "the check is in the mail" ect ect yea right.. lost a cheap watch bought off OverStocked.com paid via CC, not resolved as yet, missing $everal journels. Had sensitive mail delivered opened & late---banking & brokerage statements. Who knows where that info is... This over the past year or so, and the PO admin. want to move the local processing center 100 miles away to "save money" BS

I've had enough and will only use the post office as a last resort and only with accountability...they and the rest of the gov. has gone to hell IMO

ED

Reply to
DE

Yeah, a couple years ago when Southwestern Bell moved all their billing to Dallas, I started getting bills that were MAILED and postmarked AFTER the due date! Not the Post Office's fault. They actually return mail that is metered by the sender with a date before the day they pick it up, because so many companies were doing this so they could blame it on the USPS.

Yeah, they have a REAL competitor, now, Fed Ex ground. Cheaper, more reliable, and very little damage. I've had a LOT of stuff wrecked by UPS.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Complaining about the mail is an early warning sign of senile dementia.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

No, you're just witnessing the decline and fall of everything around you.

Society is decaying. I would cite examples, but we all have our ten favorites that we would choose if we had to choose ten.

Just do all you can to protect your own little fishbowl of a universe, and enjoy it until you die or die from exhaustion trying to protect it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I use USPS to mail my Taco Tenders. I can mail one with USPS for around $0.80. UPS, or Fed X wants about $6.50 Yep, they lose some (around 2%) but if you consider how many I mail, I'm still saving tons of money. It takes about 1 week to get it to California from Missouri, and just 2 or 3 days to most other places.

You wanna see screwed up? Try mailing something to Canada. According to my post master, they have it to the border in about 3 days, but it often takes

30 for the customer to get it.
Reply to
Dave Lyon

That's what I found for low-cost/light things. Maybe if you're shipping

30 pounds of stuff the equations change. How's the taco tenders thing going by the way? I remember when you were just getting it off the ground, going pretty well I hope?
Reply to
Dave Hinz

Well, we're actually showing a profit now. :)

We're at the decision making step yet again. If we want it to do REALLY well, I need to yet again invest thousands of dollars into the project. Each new step requires a new learning curve, and a new set of brass balls. :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Robert Ringer wrote a pretty good book back in th e 1980s called "How You Can Find Happiness During the Collapse of Western Civilization "

Reply to
Ken Finney

I'd eat the loss, and resolve to buy insurance the next time I buy anything that valuable on Ebay. It's possible to get some real gems on Ebay, but there's a lot of crap, too. Caveat Emptor, as they say.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Or learn how to fix Reality:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich The Philosophizer

I still have a copy of Harry Browne's "How I Found Freeom In An Unfree World".

It's not for sale. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

You can say that again.

BTW Before anyone says anything I do realize that I could have prevented these excessive charges by simply not dealing with this seller.

I bid $129 on a Sony ICF SW7600GR radio from a seller on Ebay. The seller charged me $41 shipping. (I priced return shipping, it is $16.29)

The seller advertised shipping by Fed Ex. When asked to ship by US Post Office (because the brokerage fee is only $4.30) he failed to respond and shipped the item via UPS??.

When the package arrived I was faced with an additional $33.62 brokerage fee from UPS for having collected $18.89 tax on the goods and $2.36 tax on the tax ( total $54.87 )

My total cost was $224.87 ($129+$41+$33.62+$18.89+$2.36)

Had I chosen a different seller my cost could have been $168.48 ($129+$16.29+$18.89+$4.30)

You live and learn. (or) A fool and his money are soon parted.

Reply to
Bob

Air mail US->Canada is reliable (a couple of days to a week and a half or so), but surface parcel post for large, heavy packages can take weeks.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

None of this stuff is lost. It goes to people who sort it out and sell it. There is no way in hell to lose packages and merchandise without somebody finding it. Unless it gets shot into outer space it is still here. It's a billions of bux scam

Reply to
daniel peterman

In defense of Canada post

they dont lose stuff.

they DO however deliver via turtle

and customs aret quick to clear packages at the border either

I've seen 4 days (no weekend) to send a letter crosstown

and i'm sure the mail hates me but all my letters get here > >

Reply to
Brent Philion