Skilling Indicted

I was? Wow, the things that feeble little mind of yours is able to keep track of! Or do you keep a file of it somewhere? Abrasha

Abrasha

Right, but the rules about how those companies state profits and losses were enforced pretty rigorously by the SEC before gwb replaced Arthur Levitt, who was the head of the SEC.

Bush's replacement, Harvey Pitt, applied a much more relaxed regulatory environment. The sort of environment that would allow companies to engage in shananigans like the Harken Energy, Aloha Petroleum, and Spectrum 7 fiasco that Bush participated in, which were later deemed by the SEC to be fraud. Oops, hand in the cookie jar time. It's OK though, 'cause dad's president.

So now it's even *easier* to pull the wool over the investors eyes since gwb is in office, because he wants it that way. *No* more 'hand in the cookie jar' problems for anyone!

Jim

jim rozen

Ah, but were *you* the one saying that they weren't doing anything wrong? Heck they were just doing what gwb was doing, when he was fiddling Harken Energy and Aloha Petroleum. And *he* got away from that fraud scott-free.

Ah, but then his dad was president. Kenny Boy may have *though* he had a familial relationship with bush but then again those folks all thought it was 'in the family,' until the shit hits the fan and folks start ratting each other out to cut a deal with the prosecution.

Jim

jim rozen

Stewart

I have an Abrasha File. Just chock full of some of your selected best moments on the internet. Ive been approching some people in Hollywood about making a movie about them, but they say Dumb and Dumber has already been done, and there is no interest in Fellini surrealism at the moment. But I keep hoping. Keep up the good work, as I need more material. Perhaps I can interest some of the Monty Python folks.....

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

Please post the cites that show where I claimed that fraud, imbezzelemen and grand theft was ok.

Please.

Your discomfort at being spanked is once again noted.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

Please post the cites where I said it *was* you who were doing that. I was asking a legitmate question there. Me thinks the mister doth protesteth too much.

Jim

jim rozen