Small taps and dies

Hi,

I am looking for source of small METRIC taps (and dies). Small here means M2.5 and lower. Also looking for source of appropriate screws and nuts. I do not need big quantities - few tap/dies and handful of bolts/nuts will be enough - so better call it not the source but just retailer (preferable USA, San Jose - if not online).

Thanks, Arcady

Reply to
Arcady Schekochikhin

and lower.

quantities - few

the source but

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

M2.5 and lower.

quantities - few

not the source but

Try Western Tool, 3195 DeLaCruz (just north of 101) or Advanced Tool, 470 Perry Ct (A couple blocks up and around the corner from Western Tool).

Both are major machine shop supplers and both are good people to deal with.

As far as bolts, nuts, etc. (and they probably have taps, too...), there is Mr. Metric, 990 S 10th St. in San Jose.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

According to Arcady Schekochikhin :

and lower.

quantities - few

the source but

I was able to special-order (through MSC) M2.5x0.45 chasers for a Geometric 5/16" die head (for a turret lathe). Essentially, they called around, and then got the maker (TRW) on the line with me and their salesperson, so they were able to ask me questions like what material I planned to thread with it ("hook" and other such parameters for the chasers).

Cost for the specials was about the same as the other size of standard chasers at the time (the "other" size, in my case, was a Geometric 3/4" die head.)

Taps of that size were in stock from MSC.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thanks for all the responses! I got the stuff I wanted.

Arcady

Reply to
Arcady Schekochikhin