Source for metric Kep nuts?

Hi all -

We're looking for a reliable source of slightly oddball metric hardware in relatively small quantities (1,000 pieces or so).

Particularly, we need Kep nuts (hex nut with attached external star lockwasher) in 2.5M, 3.0M, 4.0M and 5.0M sizes.

Also, 4M carriage head bolts in 1/2" (12mm) length.

Anybody got a lead on a source?

Thanks in advance -

Carla reply address is spam-trapped - replies to the newsgroup would be appreciated

Reply to
Carla Fong

Is that the one piece units or the ones with a washer that rotates? I buy the one piece ones at a local surplus store but I'm sure they would give discounts for 1000 pcs.

Reply to
Nick Hull

McMaster-Carr lists Keps nuts in M3, M4, and M5, but at outrageous prices: approx $100 for quantity 1000. That's several times more than non-metric kep nuts of similar size.

I suspect talking to a metric fastener distributor would be productive.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa