The 3 Minute Drill

LOL. He was keeping you out of his hair. "Take these nails and pound them straight again, son."

My dad used to say, 'I'll give you a penny for each time you run all the way around the outside of the house.'

I was smarter, after our porch was done, I told my daughter that there was a bounty for nails found in the driveway - ten cents each.

After a week, it was raised to a dollar each. No new ones accepted, of course!

Jim

jim rozen

And lo, it came about, that on 20 Nov 2003 07:57:55 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking , jim rozen was inspired to utter:

Naw - depression baby he was. Saw no need to go buy new what he already had in the boards. (Which were also used.) Least as far as i recall. :-)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I have a black and decker 1/2 inch drill that is also a hammer drill. While using it yesterday it just quite. I let off the trigger, it stopped and refuses to start again. This drill is at least a 30 minute drill and more likely a 60 minute drill. I guess it cost me about a dollar a minute to run it.

I figure the variable speed switch died. Is it worth fixing? chuck

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

On 14 Nov 2003 20:50:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jeridiah) wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

You can bet a new Makita is nothing compared to that one either......

I have bought a cheap (Aud$19....and that is really low) angle grinder to take to bits for the gearbox. The gearbox is quite heavy duty, and interestingly was very easy to get at and was very self-contained. I have seen many angle grinders and drills whose gearboxes are very fiddly and not at all independent,

I was surprised. The grinder worked quite well, too.

Interestingly I have a Makita AG, and I now use the spanner from the cheap one, because the Makita's one is a crappy soft presed steel POS. Also, the Makita's guard came loose the other day. It's held on by a couple of tiny set-screws tightening a band, instead of the usual (to me) slide in a slot. Not well designed. Rather unpleasant suddenly having a couple of ounces of metal flying around at an increasing rate on a small angle grinder.

I know another guy who bought a Makita or similar, and killed it, or it died, after about 13 months (of course). The repair it was going to cost as much as 5 el cheapos. the el cheapos had two years' warranty. He bought an el cheapo and has been happy ever since.

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured by man's. There would be nowhere to go. Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.

Reply to
Old Nick

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:33:41 -0600, "David Courtney" wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

I bought an ELU drill many years back. They were an indust version of B&D when even B&D were half decent. It blew up in 5 minutes. I replaced it and had 15 years out of the replacement.

So even 16 years ago the "good" stuff failed.

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured by man's. There would be nowhere to go. Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.

Reply to
Old Nick

Reply to
Roy J