Thomson linear ball bushings

It's time to re-bearing my machine knife grinder and I am looking for a bargain on SPB 12 OPN linear bearing pillow blocks. 3/4"

Anybody out there seen any deals? I need 4

Reply to
Beecrofter

Can you use their "Nyliners"?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Email me. Might be able to direct you to a cheaper source.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

I have no idea I just know that one bearing is mzaking a funny noise and all 4 have a lot of mileage going back and forth grinding woodchipper knives on a 48" rail.

I wonder if I have to replace the rails when I put new bearings on also. The pre drilled 3/4 shafting looks a bit spendy I am scouting the surplus places now.

Reply to
Beecrofter
*I go to the other end of the cost chart and go cheap. I use the nyliners and drill rod. Actually the combination lasts a long time and the nyliners are dirt cheap and very accurate and easy to replace. I haven't had to replace the soft drill rods yet. But, to remachine everything and make nyliner holders might be a bitch.
Reply to
Tom Gardner

The latest Enco flyer has reduced prices on drill rod. Their drill rod is pretty precise. I would think it might work for the rails... Bob Wilson

Reply to
Robert L. Wilson

Reply to
R. Wink