tig recommendations?

I needed to make a gas tank the other day and was really wishing I had a tig. I gas welded it and it the welds turned out good but the thing warped all to hell as I expected it would. I have a Miller 210 mig and love it. I looked at the Miller maxstar 150 sth but wanted to do al. I want hf starts. The Miller syncrowaves look great but ouch! I mean I could swing it but I'm just doing stuff as a hobby. Single phase only. Ideas?

Reply to
afdr9lk

Rod Richeson

I have a Thermal Arc 185TSW and love it. Check ebay for current pricing.

-Mike

Reply to
mclorson