Tool gloat

Excellent! Especially the 7" grinder. Last week I got a router table for $4. The garage sales are a new sport for me. Fortunately my wife embraced them the same way...
Reply to
Michael Koblic
actually, if anyone wants a router made of acrylic drop me a note - I've been saving it as scrap acrylic - it had a bosch router on it which I sold a long time ago
** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble
Went yard saling today. Three pairs of new welding gloves. A new hard hat.
Two Stearns fishing vests. A Crescent spud wrench. A 7" Milwaukee grinder.
Some hefty chisels. A MONDO screwdriver. A new nuts and bolts box with
separations, a new 6" vise, a couple of WYPO tip cleaners, and a few other
things, all for less than $20.
I like yard sales in my part of the country. (rural Utah)
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
OK, all together now, the r.c.m Official Tool Gloat Cheer: YOU SUCK! :)
Sounds like a heckuva good day doing garage sales!
Reply to
John Husvar
Not tools, but serious gloat anyway. Just snagged 3-count 'em-3 nice, functional CCD-TR31 Sony 8mm video cameras for .99 + $23 shipping on Ebay. Can turn those around for a couple hun... Hee Hee JR Dweller in the cellar
-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:
If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses -------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability: -------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."
Reply to
JR North
Congrats! Steve,
I snared a hand scraper (replaceable carbide tip) yesterday for $1. Asked the seller how much he wants and he replied "Don't know what it is, but give me a buck". Kind of asked him why he doesn't know, and he replied that it was his son-in-law's. He died a year ago right on this spot where we are standing. His driver drove over his head. I didn't ask for more details.
BTW, must have been a trucker. Tons of big truck stuff.
Ivan Vegvary
Reply to
Ivan Vegvary
Bought a 1/2" drive metric socket set going up to 32 mm... For $20... Nicely put together set... also a Universal Tool 1/2" air impact, never used, with impact SAE socket set, also $20. This will be a backup when my HF impact breaks.
Ignoramus30765
Friday I picked up a mill and a shaper for $50 a piece. Shaper is operational, but the mill's controls are busted. Price was right, though.
Reply to
johnnytorch
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:16:38 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking, "Michael Koblic" wrote,
Industrial Liquidators in Lawndale CA has a new sign on the front door. It reads:
Your wife called. She said you could spend as much as you like.
.
Reply to
David Harmon
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:12:44 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote,
David Harmon