Tool Gloat

Last Sunday I stopped into an auction and was able to pick up an AMMCO 7" shaper for the piddling sum of $20.00
A bit rough around the edges but should make a nice overhaul project
when I finish the steam engine that I am working on now.
Hmmm. Do I picture a 2 axis CNC conversion here?
Errol Groff
Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School 643 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239
New England Model Engineering Society www.neme-s.org
Wow bargain! Any chance of some pics?
CNC shaping machine sounds like a hoot!
The dmachine is at school. If I remember to take the digital camera on Monday I will post some pictures Monday evening.
Be warned though it isn't pretty now but the potential is there.
Errol
Errol Groff wrote:

Errol, A truly worthy gloat!
I keep having delusions of CNC+Shaper too - growing from a simple idea for stops at limits of feed travel, then adding programmable feed, then getting all carried away with controlled tool slide and 'contouring'. Very do-able; I have just refrained because it is sooooo easy to make so much stuff *for* the shop that I don't get anything made *with* the shop.
I have settled (for the present) on a magnetic starter with a central limit switch in series with the hold relay. A slide trips the switch at either limit of travel.
--
Fred R
Errol Groff wrote:

-