Torque in the shop aid I spotted:

In my IMPD July 2011 mag I noticed an add by E-Z RED

Wrench connection - Metric and Imperial (standard)

These are like top hats - the inside of the hat is square drive female set up for your socket driver or breaker bar. The outside of the hat is a hex drive that fits into a box end or straight wrench. The rim of the hat contains two magnets that help keep the wrenches attached.

So a box end attaches to the work and is extended by a breaker bar or socket wrench.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

closer. WC100.htm is the metric.

Mart> In my IMPD July 2011 mag I noticed an add by E-Z RED

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I've seen the reverse, a male square end to fit a socket and a standard-sized hex to fit a wrench Would be handier for the stuff I work on where I can get a socket onto the fastener, but a ratchet or breaker bar just won't make it and a box end can't get to it.

Stan

Reply to
stans4