UK visit (Mildenhall); any recommendations?

Greetings:

I'm in the UK this weekend, vic Mildenhall, NE of Cambridge. Any home-shop metalworking recommendations to visit? I've a car so I could travel several hours radius. Machinery, rail, steam, weapons, automotive, aviation, shipping museums, etc.

Regards, Jim Brown

Reply to
limitedgun1

Go & visit the Nene Valley Railway at Wandsford just off the A1 near Peterborough. Just follow the brown signs.

Reply to
Salamanda

Don't miss the chance to visit Duxford air museum, plenty of war birds as well as more modern aircraft. The imperial war museum is also located there. The flying proms is on on Saturday and there's an action day involving demonstrations of military vehicles on Sunday.

Martin Whybrow

Seconded: just beat me to it!

Reply to
Newshound

Thanks for the recommendations guys! It's Friday afternoon, and I'm off!

Regards, Jim Brown

Reply to
limitedgun1

Good luck, let us know where you go & what you see

Reply to
Salamanda