Update on the jib crane

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

Ignoramus25172

Hey Iggy,

In the "background" of the pix, did you notice EXACTLY the same spreader on the crawler crane across the canal?. No boat belt-slings on it either. I wonder why. The crawler does have some tie-back lines that would help steady a boat if they were to move it on the tracks while slung. Good idea.

Brian Lawson.

ps...hauling boats turns out to require a bit more skill and experience than would seem necessary to anybody that has not done it, especially lifting from the water!!!

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Great Catch!!!

Indeed..it is the same rig.

So it may NOT be a boat lift, based on the functioning setup across the way. No slings noted.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

There is a multitude of youtube FAIL videos to confirm your point.

Ignoramus16322

Normally you don't leave the slings out in the weather. Not real good for them.

Reply to
Steve W.

Both are boat lifts

Ignoramus16322

Ah! Of course!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Thanks for the most interesting thread!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

used as boat lifts. I can send a picture of a large collection of those bars at our local crane company. Been in business for years and have done work on buildings and refineries. Lift buildings and swimming pools over a house and into the back yard or between trees... A standard part of a crane company or a company that has a bride crane and so forth. It simply has a pull point on the top and two or more below. Some have dual pair of hangers on the bottom.

Any crane company would consider it. Always want another...

Mart> >> >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn