Value of a lathe

My shop is about to surplus a 12" Logan to the surplus sales side of the house, and if I time it right, I hope to buy the lathe on the spot rather than at the store. What is the price range that the lathe would be worth? I haven't had a chance to look it over in detail yet, but if I can whip up a lucrative offer on the spot, I can make it happen and it will be on my truck not long after I undo the wiring.

Reply to
Carl McIver

How much is a Ford F-150 worth?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Several years ago I bought my 11x36 Logan model 1957 for $800 from a guy who got no offers advertising it at $1200. I think they should sell for a lot more. They certainly would if anyone were still making them here in the US.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Reply to
Ignoramus22416

Ask what it would take. Puppy eyes will help.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I notice that major plus while doing a bit of research/

I assume I would get whatever is sitting around the lathe. Not a lot of stuff, but just enough to do a handful of useful things.

At best I fugure it would last all of thirty seconds or less before someone snags it. The only reason thirty seconds is because that's likely how much time it takes for a customer to get back to the area, realize what's there, and sprint to the nearest clerk.

The only killer is that I may not be there when the surplus fellow and the lab manager take a stroll through the shop, and I won't be back from vacation for a week starting Tuesday. Maybe I can get the lab manager to wait a week, assuming he comes into work any time soon. Getting it sold to me isn't the hard part, being there at the right time is... I have a blank check with my work stuff, ready to go, but there's not much more I can do about it than that. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Reply to
Carl McIver

Get to know who used it - make sure the gears, chucks and all of the goodies are packed with the lathe. Often these are in other boxes/cases.....

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Carl McIver wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn