Vector Images Needed

A couple of my students want to make plaques, one with the Harley- Davidson logo as on:

and the other of the Yamaha logo as on:

If anyone has a vector file of these logos that they could share that would be much appreciated. DXF, DWG, IGS, or MC9 formats would all be fine.

Also, some years back someone was kind enough to send me a vector image map of the U.S. When I changed to the computer that I am presently using the file got lost in the shuffle. If someone has a flie like that they could send that would be much appreciated.

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

There is a free or shareware program that converts scanned images and digital pictures to vector images. I think it is called Rasterfratz. I can't find it on my computer right now but I did a google search and that's how I found it. Maybe you could use that if you can't find the actual vector files. Just scan and convert. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Errol,

If you want a 3D solidworks model (mastercam should be able to read it?):

(next to the viper, below the gazebo) Or direct -
(345K)

Or, I'll put a 2D IGES and DXF file here...

(30K)

..

Errol Groff wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Paul:

Thanks! The IGS Harley logo is the cat's ass.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

Kewl! 8^)

..

Errol Groff wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

and try meshcam - free during beta phase.... /mark

Paul Salvador wrote:

Reply to
Mark

Go to Logo type (Free ) at

They have 83,137 logos ready to download and cut. Al

Reply to
Al 2

If you don't find what you want, there is an old DOS program called "ENVISION IT" that will convert a black and white line drawing (elementary image processing from scanner or digicam) to a DXF. The results are far from perfect but it's fairly easy to clean up in CAD.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Errol,

Here's a IGES Yamaha logo and another IGES HD logo...

(63K)

Show us what your class ends up with?

..

Reply to