Vertical mill quill DRO

I'm getting ready to install a digital caliper to my mill's quill. Has anyone shortened a digital caliper - can they be cut, ground, drilled, etc. & still work?

Reply to
Stephen Young

Why cut it? I have a 6" on my mill/drill and it works fine as is. Plus if I ever wanted to remove it I could still use it.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get. So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

Reply to
John Flanagan

Yea, sorry about that. I thought you had said you were putting it on a mill drill for some reason.