Victor product line differences

I am in the market for a new Victor O/A welding and cutting outfit and I am having trouble understanding the different product lines. I only need something low end for occasional cutting, etc. But they seem to have several consumer-grade choices: Firepower, Advantage II, Superrange II, and I believe that Radnor is a rebranding of Victor. Can anyone tell me what is what? Victor's website is no help.

Thanks for your help, Rob

Reply to
Rob

Kool

Reply to
spintronic

Confusing, isn't it?

If it's Victor stuff, it says "Victor" on it.

If it says something "by Victor" it means it's an import company.

There are various welding & cutting outfits made by Victor itself. From the Thermadyne/Victor Web site, the actual Victor line has now been positioned as "Victor Professional" (marketing baloney, it's just Victor) and their bundles are now titled Journeyman, Journeyman II, SuperRange, and Performer.

They appear to have two import lines, "Cutskill" and "Firepower". They used to carry an import line called "Medalist" which you still often see.

Radnor is the name Airgas brands lots of things. You won't know if it's real Victor or clone. Probably the latter.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

very