Watch this

Here's a short South Park clip that covers it

Our local teabaggers are holding their rally on April 1st. Apparently rule #1 of rabbelling is to ignore symbolism. :-) Despite seeing turnouts in the "tens of tens" in larger venues, they're hoping for

people care about their cause. Which brings us to rule #2 of rabbelling - make your demands so many and far-rightish that most of the normal folks won't want to be associated.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

That's the rabble, all right.

They already burned me off. The originals at Boston tossed chests of tea into the harbor. These guys are mailing little tissue-wrapped bags with strings on them. They'd might as well mail tampons.

I'd be embarrassed to be compared to the original. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That bit about current congress critters retirement I think was incorrect.

I just hope that my copy of "Common Sense" and "Rights of Man" don't get me labled as a subversive. Dangerous stuff, might rile the rabble.

Oh, that de Tocqueville guy, right next to Mr. Paine on the book shelf. Books to read again.

Wes

Wes

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:36:04 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

You meant to say "imaginary shepherd", right?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So that's it! YOU started it didn't you!

:)

Reply to
cavelamb

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:48:01 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

Care to itemize your gripe, Ed?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, I don't get involved in that debate. But anyone who claims they "know" what's wrong with everyone else had better explain himself.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It's all my fault. I learned that in Catholic school.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Nope. It isn't worth it. But more than half of it is bullshit.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Id like to know as well.

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product  A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual and moral principles." ?Sun Tzu

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Oh no. I walked right into that one!

Say 100 Hail Mary's and sin no more...

Reply to
cavelamb

In defense of the modern breed of angry revolutionaries, most of them have never even heard of tea without little strings. Oh wait, that does sound kinda' wimpy, gay even. :-) Anyway, they probably can't afford whole chests of the stuff. When it comes to spending on tea or Harley Tee shirts, I mean, come on! Every revolution has priorities, right?

I can't speak to tea bag rallies in other areas. But here in rightwingnut land, any attempt at rational dialogue will be drowned out by multiple claims that there's no such thing as a problem that can't be solved by shooting or nuking somebody or everybody. A whole bunch of the participants will be gummer-types, oblivious to or in denial of their hypocrisy. If it were possible to disqualify the leeches, the racists, the birthers, the conspiracy nuts, anyone whose IQ is less than their age, and the dittoheads (redundant category, I know), all that would remain is one confused old lady who came for the free tea.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Ha-ha! Yes, they might think it's a real tea party.

This thing would make more sense if the protesters knew what it was they were protesting *for*. Or maybe it's more accurate to say that it would be more effective if any two of them wanted the same thing.

Wait until the Republicans offer their alternative budget next week. This one is supposed to have actual numbers in it. Maybe then the protesters will have something to yell about, because it sounds like the Republican plan is to let the entire economy go to hell so everyone will learn a lesson.

And the lesson is...don't EVER let a conservative economist get his hands on the economy again, especially the regulatory agencies. As Alan Greenspan said, it was just astonishing to him that there was such greed on Wall Street, that, left to themselves, the financiers wouldn't regulate themselves and be prudent, rather than succumbing to the temptations of making lots of money.

After all, why do people work on Wall Street to begin with? It can't be for the money...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You must ask yourself what's in it for the shepherd? cheers T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

Besides the fleece? Nothing...

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

That is a hell of a good question. Which Shepherd?

Reply to
Stuart Fields

Update on our local teabaggers: they asked for 1000 people to overflow the park. After the event they said "we weren't there to count heads." This photo tells the tale

's safe to assume that they're not complaining about increasing costs of lean cuisine. :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE