welded globe

Anyone seen that metal spinning globe on Joel Osteen's show, the smiling preacher from Lakewood church? It's about 10 feet high, I think it would be a great welding project, the trick would be to mount it so a motor can make it revolve slowly. I would like to see any pictures you sculptors have done similar to this. Happy New Year!

Reply to
RHGrafix

Here's a place to start.

mlcorson

I have not seen the globe on TV. The link below is for a globe that I made a few years ago. This one hangs from the ceiling on monofilament. I don't think that it would be difficult to motorize one. One of these days I will build a larger one, probably for outdoors. I have learned a lot since I built this one. ;-)

Richard

RHGrafix wrote:

Reply to
Richard Ferguson

I really like the title! :-))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Look at universal studios.They have a really big one

Reply to
tony stramella