What is it? CLXXVIII

interesting. how many times i've (and i'm sure others as well have) gone out on the internet to search for further information about items posted by you on "what is it?". i'm embarrassed to say i'd never heard of "shot towers" before your posts. very interesting.

just did a google search

and found there are shot towers still standing in bridgeport and new haven CT. next time i'm there if i happen to see them i'll know what they are. (unlike when i lived in brooklyn i used to pass by the old schaefer brewery buildings and never knew what they were till this past year when i was curious about schaefer beer and looked it up on the internet.)

Reply to
William Wixon

There's a ruin of a shot tower on the Audubon Society property in Audubon, PA. The site was once a copper and lead mine, so I suspect copper sieves were used there simply because the material was readily available. I think those two metals are often found together.

Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto