What is it? L

High magnetic flux superconductor ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley
276 - Leaf shutter? 275 - looks somewhat like a glass blowers gripper. Could be for torturing animals though. 274 looks like a dispenser for Bromine - or one of the other photo-sensitive gases. 273 - looks like an oar-lock or similar - holds a wooden shaft anyway... 272 - Window lock - sliding window 277 - Keeper for a bolt - drill a hole in the wood then you bang it into the wood so a bolt can be fed in and through the hole - either as a faster or a "stand off".

R.H. wrote:

Reply to
Will

272 sliding window/door lock 273 lathe dog with fixed stud on face plate 274 ink, oil, or glue dispenser 276 camera iris or variable orifice 283 the open end may be for a different size of can. it would follow the inside or outside of the raised lip.
Reply to
Eric Pederson

No, but it does belong in the high tech category.

Reply to
R.H.

Hi Gerard, In Australia they are called mashers - I had one like this when I was first married but with overuse it eventually fell apart. Di

Reply to
Maloney Empire

Gerard, I was wrong in any case but it was fun to have a guess.

Reply to
Maloney Empire

This is from last week's post, you've got two of them correct, 272 and 277. There is an answer link at the bottom of the set, just after photo 277.

Reply to
R.H.

278. Iron or iron-nickel meteorite? 279. Tool for removing/tightening bicycle wheel nuts, and doing other maintenance on bicycles. 280. Electronic metronome for musicians (my son uses one for guitar practice). 281. ? 282. Part of an earpiece? 283. ?
Reply to
Mike Dworetsky

A pleasure.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger
281. I have one of these so I took it to work and asked there. They used to have a boot factory here and a guy said they used the end to pry out tacks in the boots, apparently the tacks were temporary until the boots were sewn up. He said the sawblade part was to pry out tacks also.He told me more than I need to know about making boots,and he mentioned glueing and vulcanizing, so my guess would be the sawblade like part was for roughing up parts for glueing or vulcanizing. My guess is it's a tack puller/scarificator.
Reply to
woodcraftssuch

Tack puller is correct, scarificator sounds like a good secondary use for the saw blades.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.