What is it? Set 415

This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2401: Wrench to remove caps from fire hydrants. 2402: Liquor cabinet. 2403: Special purpose blacksmith's hammer. The special purpose? Donno. 2404: Long handled hack saw for hard to reach places. 2405: No idea. 2406: No idea.

This is correct.

One tool is a hammer for marking logs and another is a lightweight tool for cutting brush.
lightweight tool for cutting brush.
Commonly known as a brush axe or Sandvick.
http://www.americantrails.org/resources/info/tools3.html
Cliff

2402: A sewing cabinet. The round holes in the top are for spools of various colors of thread.
2406: Chastity belt for Dick Cheney.
Cheers! Rich

Not sure about the hammer but it looks like you got the brush cutting tool right, I had forgotten to mention that someone had sent this in looking for an answer for it. Thanks!

2402: This must be a bar, particularly given the glass rings in the finish.
scott
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) fired this volley in

2401 sparkproof barrel bung opener
Lloyd
writes:

Correct, I guess I didn't look closely enough at that photo, I would have shopped out the rings if I had seen them. ;-)
writes:

My news reader sees this post and other follow up posts from you, but no longer sees your initial post of new items. Have you changed something on your end for your initial post of a set?
--
" Well you can't trust a special like the old time coppers
When you can't find your way 'ome"

    Perhaps *you* have changed something in your news filtering? These are cross-posted to three newsgroups, and Rob has "gmailnospam.com" as his domain. Either could be things which could be blocked by filtering. (But since you get the replies, and they are still cross-posted, that could be blocked on either the "From: " or some other header. (Just as yours has a "From: " with a domain of "invalid.invalid" -- another thing which someone might block on.
    So -- look to what spam blocking is going on at your end.
    Good Luck,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
writes:

Thanks, I'd considered that but have virtually nothing filtered. Might be the news server though ...

settings - dont show read articles?
scribbled:

nope - it's weird as it is just this one instance
--
" Well you can't trust a special like the old time coppers
When you can't find your way 'ome"
On 11/18/11 2:35 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Maybe Eternal September thinks Rob is spamming when he starts a topic with a URL. Maybe it would slide through if it had more text.

Do you by any chance do a 'mark all as read', 'junk all', or something similar, in one of the groups it is cross-posted to?
First thing to check -- look in the 'marked as read' messages in your newsreader, and see if the message shows up _there_.
if it is neither in 'unread' or 'read' messages, then the 'problem' is at your newsserver, contact the server operator.
if it's in the 'already read', but you didn't read it, it's an issue in your newsreader.
scribbled:

It's looking like the server is the culprit.
--
" Well you can't trust a special like the old time coppers
When you can't find your way 'ome"
"DoN. Nichols" wrote

Seems to be wide spread since it has been raised before. I know I do not "delete" posts, only mark them as read, and also stopped seeing the original. I suspect that a server is calling the original message spam and deleting it since it is basically a link with almost no text and appears weekly. but by the time I get home, someone always has replied.
2401: conductors dead mans switch? trigger to unlock the so the inner socket so the handle can be turned and held for moving?
--
Stephen B.
Not the other Steve B.

    [ ... ]

    Marking as read *is* the means of deleting an article from your view. Truly deleting means removing it from the server (and theoretically all servers) so *nobody* could see or read the article. And that ability is restricted to two individuals per article:
1)    The actual author of that article.
2)    The news administrator of the news server from which it was     originally posted. (To give him the power to cancel spam floods     by a user on his system.)
    Granted -- there are ways to do it anyway, but they require more knowledge of how news servers work.

    That may be -- especially since the link is to blogspot, which is frequently a host to spamed sites in my experience. And the fact that it is cross-posted adds to the likelihood that it will be (mis)-identified as spam.
    Perhaps someone needs to talk to the news admin at eternal-september to allow an exception to be made from this. I know that I had to make an exception in my killfiling to keep it from being marked as already read by my newsreader.

    Both of you seem to be using eternal-september as your news server, perhaps it is indeed the server.

    Looking at the images, I've decided that the release is for a ratchet instead of to allow the handle to be removed.
    Good Luck,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail