What is it? Set 462

I need some help on the last one in this set:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Hello All,

The last one ( 2688 ) seems to be a device to keep angles steady when sharpening a drill bit on a grinding wheel

Ist the Door at 2683 for quick access to a weapon?

Walter

Am 11.10.2012 10:02, schrieb Rob H.:

Reply to
Walter Kraft

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Rob H. wrote the following on 10/11/2012 4:02 AM (ET):

2683 to carry golf clubs.
Reply to
willshak

It is where you put your golf club bag

Reply to
Markem

I'll second that.

Reply to
tnik

Agreed. The 59 degree marking makes this pretty definite as that is the most common grinding angle for twist drills for drilling steel (118 degrees included angle) although wider and narrower angles are used for some materials and the other marked angles would cover these.

There should probably be a top clamp for the drill bit to stop it moving but this seems to be missing.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Wild Guess ...

2687 - Upholsterer's webbing stretcher
Reply to
joeljcarver

I need some help on the last one in this set:

Rob

The car>>>My uncle had one similar. Rumble seat and that small side door. In

1932 he would take me and his son rabbit hunting in Colorado. Could slide the rifles in that small door between looking for fields to hunt on. The son left a round in the chamber and when we hit a deep dip in the road the gun fired and put a hole in the little door. Lesson learned>. never leave a round ready to fire in the chamber. WW
Reply to
WW

Thanks, I have confirmed that drill bit jig is correct. The door in the car is not for weapon.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, this car was on display at a museum and they said the door was for golf clubs.

Reply to
Rob H.

It's not for stretching upholstery but is used in a similar fashion.

Reply to
Rob H.

The fact that an iron is visible in the enlarged photo gave it a way.

Reply to
Marc Dashevsky

I'm going to guess 2687 is for stretching leather or fabric for upholstery work?

Reply to
tnik

2686: A pair of these handles could be used to hang a open burlap sack of feed. If you leave the sack on the floor, rodents can get it, the limp sack will probably spill feed, and you have to bend over to scoop feed. If you dump it in a can, you may spill feed and you may breathe a lot of dust.

You'd clamp one of these to each side of a burlap sack near the top. Then you'd hang them with the ears on horizontal bars about 12" apart. The bottom of the sack should be at least 12" off the floor. Then open the sack. If the handles are 12" apart along the bars, the opening will be 8 x 12".

Reply to
J Burns

I didn't even notice that iron, I had shopped out a really obvious wooden club but didn't look close enough to see the iron in the background. Here is the original before I shopped out the wood:

Rob H.

Your first guess is correct, it's for particular form of leather work.

Reply to
Rob H.

Sounds like that would work but according to the patent it's not for holding burlap sacks.

Reply to
Rob H.

I should have mentioned that this item is part of a countertop machine.

Reply to
Rob H.
2683, on a car this age, the door is for selling moonshine. 2684 Elks club ashtray. 2685, totally no clue 2686, just guessing. This is for displaying quilts, the pointy things grab the fabric, and the handle allows hanging it up. 2687, a carpet stretcher 2688, someone else wrote it was a drill bit sharpener holder. I think this correct. Not the fireworks launcher, that I was going to write.

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon