What is it? Set 467

my morgan doesn't have wire wheels, but from my recollection of the ones that did, the actual spoke diameter was about 1/4 inch, maybe 3/16.

Reply to
.

BBIIIGGGG SNIP

Hey Spuckle,

OK...thanks for the suggestion.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

IIRC insect mounting pins were quite thin some 60 years ago. I just checked the soft iron wire from the price tags on turkeys, but it's just under 18 thou., real easy to pull straight though.

Reply to
grmiller

Hey Gerry,

Pins still are thin....I've ordered some stainless steel 10 and 12 thou insect mounting pins, I'll let you know how this works out.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

All the Best, and a Happy New Year.

Brian Lawson, With a White Christmas !!! in Bothwell, Ontario

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I'll see your 'Merry Christmas' and raise you a 'Blessed Christmas'. :-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Mega-Dittoes, Brian and All!

I stood in the snow in Merlin, OR this morning, installing a new mailbox post for a client who recently moved down here from Alaska. You guys can _have_ that white stuff.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably should be "Happy Birthday". To the Christians, anyway. :-)

Reply to
John B.

White stuff? Oh..you mean that stuff way up on the mountain tops way up high?

Shrug..I never get to that elevation

Gunner, who mowed the lawn today.

  1. Lie
Gunner

It's hit the mid 20s (F) in Central Florida the last few nights.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It sometimes comes down to visit us here in Oryguns. Luckily, it doesn't stick around most of the time. We're due for 14F temps Thursday night, though. Brrrr! But it kills most of the skeeters.

Watch your email for pics of my new lawn.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just hung the puppies out the back door and there was about an inch on the ground with the odd flake still comming down.

Reply to
grmiller

So when do you plant the corn ,come spring? Got enough room there for winter wheat btw

Btw...put a bumper and a pair of headlight housing on the hedge..and maybe a chrome windshield frame. It would look pretty good.

You actually do have enough space there to plant a decent "stacked" garden come spring

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Flakes of what?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Happy holidays

Please accept with no obligation, implied or expressed, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the holiday* of your choice on or about the winter solstice, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is greater than any other country or is the only "America" in the western hemisphere) and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

Notice, Disclaimer and Conditions of Greeting:

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable, provided there is no alteration to the original greeting, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. There is no promise by the wisher, express or implied,to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

*As used herein, "holiday" is limited to its secular meaning, without regard to its English language derivation from the words "holy day".

Christ>

I'll see your 'Merry Christmas' and raise you a 'Blessed Christmas'. :-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Global Warming Flakes. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm at a lofty 900' here, dude. (Grants Pass is 960'.)

I've thought about that, lemme tell ya. The West 40 (approx 1/16A) is for my garden. It gets the longest sun.

Nah. I'll have the solar array at the front of the house (where the remaining 2/3 of the birch tree is now) to reduce the length of 12v wiring. I have enough angle iron and pipe to build the adjustable frame now, so I'll TIG it up and install it this winter, before I need it. This 45W system is only for emergency lighting but I might add a leased system to power the whole house some day. It would cost me about the same as electricity does now; maybe a bit more. Luckly, I'm

-not- one of the 1,950 people around here who are without electricity for the past 5 days. 60,000 were out but they fixed lots of downed lines after the snowstorm took down a whole bunch of trees. We were relatively untouched out here in the valley. I saw 4 trees down in Grants Pass during a 15 minute drive the other day. It was a thick, wet snow and broke lots of branches. I had a wrist-thick branch hit my roof from the birch. It's going soon, though.

And much more perennial greenery and flower color, plus a few mounds, will go up there. I'll intersperse edible garden goodies there.

Yeah, I do that now in a single raised bed on the West 40. I'll grow lots more next year, JIC. Non-GMO, non-hybrid heirloom seeds are in the mail to me now, as well as a nice little 55cm Japanese tanto. (My Christmas presents to myself.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cool!!

This spring Im going to be turning a significant amount of my side yards to "crops" Even thinking about the north 1/4 of the front yard. Make it fun to come up to the house and have corn up tall

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

$T2eC16dHJGwE9n)yUs0mBQDNYCs4p!~~60_57.JPG

Ayup.

Fresh corn outshines store-bought crap by 12x. Man, what a difference. I use organic compost instead of chemical fertilizers and my crops are healthy and productive.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nice! Hope you got a real one and not a Pakistani version. My son ordered a 3 blade set some years ago..and while it superficially looked like real blades...it was utter crap from Pakistan. Id warned him..but noooo...he wanted "real blades". He certainly didnt get real blades.....

I felt sorry for him and got him a real set. The Paki stuff is up on a shelf somewhere.

Works for me.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner