What is wrong with this locomotive?

I guess I missed out on the OP, and it's hard to follow now, but the pix I see is normal. It is a 4400 HP, GE AC44CWCTE. It has some
extra-ordinary roof equipment, some of which is the standard dynamic braking resistors, and some looks like extra cooling but I'm not sure.
Here's a series of pix of 5720 running:
<http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?idV790
Take care.
Brian Lawson
On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:15:52 -0400, Brian Lawson

Note in the last picture of the set (November 2012) the engine had mismatched side panels on it. - on the opposite side shown in the "what's wrong" picture.
"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)"
wrote:

That's ackshooly a good idear. Altho they can also just put smaller (or more) locomotives in the consist, and not drive any given diesel so hard, because most locomotives have the provision where one locomotive can be made the "master" locomotive, and the others in the consist are made "slaves" -- even tho each locomotive is independently identical. So it's not necessary to have a slug as the slave. So all locomotives in the consist are powered/revved up by the engineer's controller in the head-out (pulling) locomotive. Which would include slugs in the consist, as well. And the master/slave status of any locomotive can be switched over as necessary, usually between the two locomotives at either end of the consist.
So altho the slug is a nice and cheaper solution, it's not a necessary solution, since the provision for distributed power is already built in to each locomotive itself. Again, traction can be as much of an issue as raw power itself. Altho, the six-axle config of these high-hp locomotives certainly helps.
--
EA

On 6/28/2013 8:34 PM, Ignoramus10926 wrote:

It won't fit in your parking lot?
On 06/29/2013 10:52 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

When I saw this thread I started to wonder how he was going to put it on his trailer.
Jon
On 6/28/2013 20:34, Ignoramus10926 wrote:

It's too big for you to load up and scrap? <G>
--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@frontierbrain.com (remove brain when replying)