Which floor drill press for around $300?

Guys,

I am shopping for floor model drill press. My budget is $300 and I want a drill press with little or no vibration and little run out. Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Alex

ROTFL

Every cheap drill press vibrates. Some are better than others. I once owned a Jet 17MF, had less than .001" runout, ran pretty smooth after I monkeyed with it. To get a cheap DP to run smoothly you'll have to remove all the pulleys and true them on a lathe, then balance them. Then you'll have to tear down the motor and balance the armature. Those should get you a long ways. A lightly used Jet

17MF should cost you about $250.

Check this out:

GWE

Reply to