wtb replacement 36v fork lift battery

I might buy a used electric fork lift at a good price, but it needs a battery. Can anyone suggest a supplier of affordable replacement 36v forklift batteries?

I need to keep the price of the replacement battery cheap or else I cannot afford the deal and will just keep renting lifts when I need one. A rebuilt or used one in good shape would be fine. The lift is a:

Allis Chalmers 5000lb fork lift, model ACE50FB, s/n AJP517191

Here is the ebay add about it:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug Danielson

Reply to
William Danielson

A place I worked 20 years ago had Allis Chalmer 5000 lb trucks, and the electrician stayed inside the electrical panels on them just about all the time, repairing or replacing something constantly, it seemed. Something about the plugging circuits, if I remember correctly. We used box clamps on the units, and the hose reels and hoses kept ME busy with leaks. We went to CAT units, and things went much better. Take this for what it's worth to you.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Call your local industrial battery supplier. They might be able to come up with a weak but usable battery that they took out of a truck that gets used 8 hours a day. I assume that you would not use the forktruck more than minutes per day. They could probably look up the battery size out of a book.

Remember that the weight of the battery is part of the counterweight, and if you install a smaller battery you may need to add more counterweight to keep the same lift capacity.

Richard

William Daniels>

Richard Ferguson

try a local industrial battery business in your area.. they probably just rebuilt batterirs all the time and can get what you want.... as in a few years you gonna have to take it back and get it rebuilt again...

Reply to
jim

I just junked three electric trucks, one had a good 36v battery. A guy in our building wanted it for $50, but he hasn't paid for it yet. Location is a very important factor. This battery is in Cincinnati, OH. Where you at?

Reply to
6e70

I'm in Atlanta, 30084 zip code. I'll check and see what freight would be to ship it. Forward Air is surprizingly cheap for big things, but I've never priced something this heavy with them. I have to fly up to Minneapolis on March 8, so I could route my return through Cincinnati and perhaps drive it to ATL, but I'll have to check th etruck rental and see if it makes sense.

Do you know the dimensions of your battery and how it compares to mine?

Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know the out come of my shipping survey.

Doug Danielson

Reply to
William Danielson

Here are the specs on my fork lift battery. Would the one you have fit this opening?

Thanks,

Doug Danielson

Reply to
William Danielson

I'm interested in buying your 36v fork lift battery if it will fit my truck. Here are the specs:

battery type: 18-85-23 voltage: 36v dimensions: 38.5 x 26.75 x 22.63 fits Allis Chalmers 5000lb fork lift, model ACE50FB, s/n AJP517191

Will your battery fit in this opening?

i am in Atlanta, GA. I checked with Forward Air freight lines and they will ship it from Cinci tp ATL for a reasonable fee, so we might have a match if your battery will fit. How old is it? When was it last in use? How long will a fork lift run off it when it is fully charged? How much do you want for it? Do you have a forklift you can use to place it on a truck?

Thanks for your help,

Doug Danielson

Altea Therapeutics

2056 Weems Road Tucker, GA 30084 t. 678.495.3135 (direct) t. 678.495.3100 (main) t. 404 667 4680 (mobile) f. 678.495.3130
Reply to
William Danielson