Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: DE-STA-CO CLAMPS
I have 12 pcs of a 424-2 De-sta-Co clamp in stock. Willing to sell for $15.75 ea if anyone has a use for them. For specs go to

Why won't SS "season"
This is a metal question related to a non-metalworking application. For years I've used a French carbon steel crepe/omelet pan. This "seasons" easily with salad oil so that it is "non-stick" at least...
4
4

OT-The End is Nigh
------------------------------------------------------------------------- True Stella Awards #36: 30 July 2003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------- A Stunning...
6
6

Hardening blades
Hello! A friend has asked me to sharpen his knife - a double edged dagger, mean looking thing - on the nice bench grinder, but it turns out to really be in need of hardening, since it doesn't keep the...
4
4

bronze bushing
This relates to this musical instrument I'm planning to build... There are buttons (approx 7/8 inch diam) attached to 1/8 inch brass rod shafts. I want the shafts to slide in bronze bushings. By the...
2
2

FS:Craftsman 10" slow speed bench grinder like new
For sale Craftsman 10" slow speed bench grinder like new used once. $200 located in NJ

bought a chuck on ebay from marjenmachine
i bought a 3 jaw chuck from marjenmachine on ebay. it was a buy it now deal for a 3 jaw setrue polland chuck. so i got the item and it was damaged had a broken gear/pinion. called these guys up and...

OT: BIMINI TOP Project Update
I have finished ther Bimini Top Windshield. Updated pics on my website. See: to the project section. JR Dweller in the cellar

FA: Rockwell Vertical Millng Machine
Ok, its listed on ebay, Rockwell Vertical Milling machine. 120VAC Single phase. Starting at $1 no reserve! I hope one of you guys ends up with it! Marty in Mesa, AZ. Prefer a local pickup but will...

tungsten carbide and carbide
What is the difference between the a rod blank listed as carbide and one listed tungsten carbide? Do both have tungsten, are they the same in hardness? Kori
4
4

WWW update on live steam loco
I've updated my live steam website with several new pages. note the "Quickie" page - a 7 1/4" gauge battery switcher built in only 45 hours of workshop time... I'm on vacation at the moment, and...

Clausing Lathe 12 x 36 FS
Click this link for photos: This has been my personal lathe since it was new, in my small shop doing prototypes and R & D. I¹ve had it in my home shop for the past three years, and now I¹m forced to...
5
5

Ballscrews FS
Hi all. I have two ballscrews with nuts. Screws are 48.5" long and 3/4" diameter. Threaded portion is 45" long. Ends for going into bushings are around 5/8"dia. x 1 5/8" long on one end, look to be...

south bend 10L lathe
Looking at a south bend 10L on the stand with the drawers and curved stand. I do cue work and I am always in the market for another lathe. This one is good for me because of the big spindle bore....
3
3

New spam angle
Something just started happening in the spam department that I haven't seen before. I'm getting "undeliverable" messages, apparently legit, telling me that mail I sent to addresses I've never heard of...
20
20