Subject Author Posted Replies

New spam angle
Something just started happening in the spam department that I haven't seen before. I'm getting "undeliverable" messages, apparently legit, telling me that mail I sent to addresses I've never heard of...
20
20

Lathe with coolant worthwhile ?
I am about to purchase a new lathe. My little training at the local technical school had lathes with coolants. If price is not a consideration, is one better served paying the extra for a lathe with a...
6
6

does anybody have any written info on an elox
just got an elox and i have no clue. does anybody have some old literature. do you need more info. please email me and i will give you what you need. thanks
4
4

I need Tungsten Carbide blank
I want to make a custom tungsten carbide cutting tool for one of my wood working machines (I have a diamond cutting tool for the job.). I need a tungsten carbide blank rod that is .235" in width. (or...
8
8

OT: more Imus humor (Hussein Bros)
Bob Schieffer, host of Face the Nation(?) phoned in today and told Don that the reward money s/b delivered by Ed McMahon, complete with a white van and baloons, and that GIANT check (!) his point was,...
6
6

Back to HF for bandsaw blades
Always bought my band saw (h/v cheepie saw) from Harbor Freight. Would buy approx. 6-10 at a time. I know everybody here thinks that the bi-metal are the best, but I've been getting along with the...
4
4

How to sell a welder?
I have a Miller Synchrowave gathering dust in my shop. What's the best way to turn it into money? Only used a few times, on Sundays when I shoulda been in church.
2
2

Sealing Oily Cast Iron for Painting
I am doing a rebuild on my lathe and I am having some trouble with oily spots of the casting. I have tried heating and cleaning repeatedly, but it wicks oil and the paint won't adhere. Can anyone...
2
2

Histroy channel machine tools
Heads up! Modern Marvels is doing machine tools tonight.
8
8

pipe drilling
I have to drill some 1/2 inch hole though some 3/4 inch thin wall brass tube. Small drills do fine but when I reach the larger sizes I have problems. I drill a small hole as a guide and then follow it...
6
6

FA: Assortment of Six (6) Kennametal Tool Holders
I just put an assortment of Kennametal 1" shank tool holders on eBay. These have seen some use, but are very serviceable. This is an opportunity for a HSM or even a prod shop to pick up some top name...

FS: New Rohm Drill Chucks
I have quite a few brand new Rohm drill chucks available at roughly 50% off list price: Keyless chucks: 0-6MM J1 020089 @ $25 0-8MM J1 020093 @ $25 0-10MM J2 020097 @ $32 Ball bearing chucks: 1/32-1/2...

ENCO Free Shipping
Title says it all - free shipping from ENCO on orders of $25 or more. See here: In the August issue of HOTdeals we're offering you FREE Standard Ground UPS Shipping with your order of $25 or more....

groove for retaining ring
I have difficulty with tiny stuff. I want to cut a groove around a 1/8 inch brass rod, to accept a retaining ring. The specifications say the groove should be .020 wide. How do I do this? Should I...
8
8

Help Sand & Dial Indicator
The wife's dog is out of control. Yesterday I went to the truck to get a Sharpie and back to the shop and the tool I was just using was gone. So I start searching beating my head against the walls...
14
14