Subject Author Posted Replies

Baldor motor value?
I have just received a brand new pressure washer rig that I won on eBay last week. Has a 100 gal tank and is mounted on a heavy duty doly. I was only after the stainless Cat pump but had to take the...
6
6

Mini Lathe Bed Extention
I am going to extend the distance between centers on my mini lathe to about 34" by bolting down another lathe bed in line with the first one. This will allow me to put the tail stock on the end of the...
15
15

Value of Horizontal Band Saws
From some ebay watching it appears that big old horizontal band saws of the Wells 8M era are probably worth less than $200, retail. Does this sound about right?
3
3

another punch/die question
Sure, you should be able to do this. Be warned that the dies are hardened, and so even carbide tools may find it very hard to cut. You may want to anneal the dies first, cur to size and then harden...
12
12

Small Gear Troubles
Greetings all, I need to replace a mangled plastic (likely nylon) gear that has been removed from a power antenna motor shown here: would appreciate some suggestions on how I might do this. I have...
8
8

Looking for a source for this latch
Hi, I'm trying to find a source for this latch. I think it is called a draw latch. This is for a custome rear tire carrier for a truck. thanks Kevin Buy the domain name Electricsphere.com and launch...
3
3

OT: O'Scope
Well of wisdom, body of info, etc... :) My Tek 475 sounds like HV arcing and smells like ozone. I'm guessing the 2nd anode on the CRT is dirty, tried opening the scope but can't find any way to get at...
7
7

Leblond Lathe Parts
Hi All: Anyone know where I can find some parts and other items for a LeBlond Regal about 1940, 15" lathe without mortgaging my house? All help appreciated... Mike...
1
1

H-V bandsaws - use narrower blades?
I am interested in getting a 7x12 or similiar sized horizontal / vertical bandsaw. I would like to be able to do some moderate contour cutting. Of the bandsaws this size that I have seen, they...

Lathe die head Wanted!!
Hi, I have to make some loooong threaded rod and need a die-head. Anyone have one for sale or suggest where I might find one? I got sticker shock at MSC.
18
18

Recent back issue of Machine Shop magazine
I'm not sure if I've got the name of the magazine right ... I happened across the current issue in a bookstore, and as I was browsing it I noticed that they apparently had an article on making a DC...
3
3

Campfire Grill
My brother and I made some heavy-duty campground-style grills. Thought you might like to make one, too, because they're pretty expensive to buy. Skookum grill
5
5

Grizzly Machines
Has anyone had any experience with Grizzly mills or lathes? Considering a purchase of new equipment or visiting auctions. Thanks
3
3

Cheapistan Made Tractor Seat Requires Lots of Metal Working
I bought a "fits all" tractor seat from Northern several months ago. Since I knew it would be struggle to install I put it off as long as possible. Well I had to do the deed today! There were seven...
2
2

FA 5C Collet Fixtures
Doing a little cleaning in the shop this weekend and getting rid of some stuff to make room for more stuff. Regards Tom. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems