Subject Author Posted Replies

Campfire Grill
My brother and I made some heavy-duty campground-style grills. Thought you might like to make one, too, because they're pretty expensive to buy. Skookum grill
5
5

Grizzly Machines
Has anyone had any experience with Grizzly mills or lathes? Considering a purchase of new equipment or visiting auctions. Thanks
3
3

Cheapistan Made Tractor Seat Requires Lots of Metal Working
I bought a "fits all" tractor seat from Northern several months ago. Since I knew it would be struggle to install I put it off as long as possible. Well I had to do the deed today! There were seven...
2
2

FA 5C Collet Fixtures
Doing a little cleaning in the shop this weekend and getting rid of some stuff to make room for more stuff. Regards Tom. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems

OT: Macor swarf
Hi All, Macor is a machinable ceramic, so this is off topic. I have been involved in a project that uses Macor for many of it's component parts. I thank all that gave tips at the beginning. Someone...
7
7

REQ: Opinions on cutting into automobile bodypanels
I own a 2000 Buick Park Ave Ultra. What I plan to do is install the 2003 Ventiports into the front fenders. There are aftermarket portholes that stick right on the fender; these are just for looks. I...
2
2

6061 vs 7075 aluminum testing?
Is there some simple test to distinguish 6061 vs 7075 aluminum alloy on unmarked samples?
3
3

ironworker punch table (mild steel)
I just picked up a Scotchman 35 ton (Model 314) ironworker. I was fortunate in that it came with the manual. I see questions pertaining to punching holes on this NG with some regularity, so I thought...
3
3

what's that smell ?
Hello, I recently purchased an oven powder coated iron cage for my pet. I spent 1,200 dollars for a high quality paint finish, but can't tolarate the smell it emits. It seems that every time we have a...
15
15

Source of bricks and coatings
Hi, where is a good place to source fire bricks and coatings for a gas forge, i live in australia. Kind Regards DR

Recycle Aluminum Cuttings?
Is it practical to melt & sand cast Aluminum cuttings from the lathe & milling machine into stock to be remachined? I have a small shop that might produce 1 or 2 dog food bags of cuttings per week....
5
5

Who is liquidating the Lincoln Pro Mig 175 ?
Over the last few days, I've seen numerous new Lincoln Pro Mig 175's on ebay for under $500. Is someone liquidating them? I thought it might be Lowe's but the one near me still has them at regular...
1
1

Time Machine
I had a big electrical storm just before leaving for home that broke the utility pole with my 3 phase transformers on it and leaned it up against the building at about a 45 deg angle. I called the...
1
1

OT electrical question
I'm trying to wire 3-way switches on either side of a ceiling lamp. The power initiates at one of the switches. I've got the wiring scheme figured out but I have a problem. Prior to installing the...
24
24

Update on ebay seller Calohat
You may remember I had some trepidation buying a vise from this person with zero feedback, being in CT and all. I "won" an auction for a 5" Kurt vise for $75 and was told after the auction that...