Knuth Machines?

Anyone ever heard of Knuth mills? They are evidently a German firm. I found what appears to be a really nice Knuth 3 axis DRO for a good price but I don't find any service here in the US.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Greetings:

Knuth is based in a town south of Nuernburg, in southeast Germany. They primarily sell Asian import machine tools similar to the likes of Grizzly, Enco, HF, et. al. in USA. They have accessories (vises, rotary tables, etc) as well as the machines, most all made in Asia. I have a spare catalog (last year) if you want one. Prices are astronomical.

I don't know where the DRO comes from. They do have limited made in Europe and USA tools... DRO may be one of them.

Regards, Jim Brown

Reply to
Jim Brown

They are a German importer. Nothing more. They sell the same Asian crap all others sell. They only do have a different paint and a "Knuth"-sticker on them. Looking for a mill, I have visited them and it convinced me of _not_ buying something from them.

They do have cheap DROs. But if they can't provide any technical data (accuracy), it can't be something of quality. It's always the same: Pay little money, get little quality.

Nick (from Germany)

Reply to
Nick Mueller