Subject Author Posted Replies

Nylon ballbearing problem
I am building a linear movement system The slide rides on two stainless shafts on rollers with nylon ballbearings. Without tightening the preload bolts it runs very smooth. But as soon as I tighten it...
15
15

Cheap import tools and product liability (was: Violent Electric Drill Accident)
The recent thread "Violent Electric Drill Accident" got me wondering about places like Harbor Freight Tools and their product liability. The local store sells an amazing array of dangerous tools. We...
33
33

Scientific American Astronomy CD
Heads up - Surplus Shed is closing out their stock of the Scientific American Astronomy CD at $18.50. Check here: Marv http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/m1542.html
4
4

mini-lathe chuck removal etcetera
I have a Craftex (sold by Busy Bee in Canada) 7 x 8 mini lathe - moreor less the same as all the other mini lathes that are common. How do I get the chuck off? What will I find when it is off? I'm...
4
4

tube bender
hello Anyone have or know of anyone with a hand bender, to bend 1-1/4" tubing, for sale? or used dies so that I could build one similar to pro-tools bender. ronnie

newbie question-plasma cutter and CNC systems
Hi all, I am brand new to this listserve. Hopefully, this is the right avenue for advice, if there is a more specific newsgroup I should check, please let me know! I am a metal artist and find myself...
2
2

Motors and controls
We seem to get a lot of postings - questions about electrical problems Well have I got one for you. All the answers: Have a look at http://www.sea.siemens.com/step/default.htmlGlenn
2
2

Cutting pullies on a rotary table on a mill
For a long time now I have been looking for a reasonably prices set of primary pullies for my Atlas 10" lathe. No luck for more than a year. It seems really dumb to pay $100 for two pullies since the...
8
8

WTB: Bridgeport in SE Florida
Wanted to buy: Bridgeport Series I milling machine in SE Florida.
1
1

WTK: Edison Machine Tools?
hello to the group: what is the history of Edison machine tools (lathes, mills)? were they bought out, or still around? what era were they in business? i'm doing some searches, but not coming up w/...

How to cut metal pole
I need to cut a steel pole. It is the pole of an inground basketball goal. It is currently standing up and anchored with concrete to the ground. I am totally clueless about metal cutting. Is it...
33
33

Plastic giveaway
To all who responded to the plastic giveaway: I have not forgotten you. I'm just real busy now and need to get some jobs out to avoid being late on them. I will probably ship next monday. Cheers, Eric...
1
1

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend
i am trying to resolve a matter, does a 10l southbend carriage fit a 9 southbend. what is the difference.
5
5

Import Tax?
Does anyone happen to know whether there is an import tax or duty that would be payable on the import of an old used milling machine from the UK (and, if so, how much it is)? Thanks in advance. Ed R.
8
8

cleaning parts after tumbling
Sorry in advance for the length of this post.. but I will try to be as specific as possible. I have a 3 cubic foot vibratory tumbler, in which I use plastic cone shaped media. The liquid soap solution...
6
6