Subject Author Posted Replies

cleaning parts after tumbling
Sorry in advance for the length of this post.. but I will try to be as specific as possible. I have a 3 cubic foot vibratory tumbler, in which I use plastic cone shaped media. The liquid soap solution...
6
6

Please help! tos trencin type sv18ra
Please help! I need to know how to make 8 threads per inch on a tos trencin type sv18ra. Nobody in the shop can figure it out. I have looked all over for reference material that would help, with no...
6
6

Sorta OT - Dental amalgam process
OK, I've tried googling, and I still don't have an answer... HOW does the amalgam process work? I know it invovles mercury (although some don't..) and it basically allows metal to be molded into your...
5
5

Compressors SCFM & psi for sandblasting
Hello men, About a month ago I inquired about compressors and sandblasting. Thank You So Much for the input and feedback. Chronologically, I really expected to invest at the local Sears store for the...
1
1

Central Pneumatic Compressor and nailers
I was thinking of getting a compressor and nailer for some hobby use. Opinions on the Harbor Freight
2
2

rockwell 10" questions
I just bought a rockwell 10", and I don't have a manual. When I put it into backgear, I pull the little plunger that is on the spindle so it can spin freely. Then I pull the engagement gear out. When...
1
1

Hiring CMM Engineering Experts
Dear CMM Colleagues, I am seeking CMM Engineering experts to fill the following positions: Senior Design Engineer - Software (CMM) Senior Mechanical Engineer (Metrologist) Lead Mechanical Engineer...
1
1

Use for 1" rebar?
I was walking the two miles to Borders Bookstore last night and noticed five or six 20' lengths of 1" rebar abandoned on a highway exit ramp that was closed at both ends ten years ago. I suspect that...
17
17

Buccaneers
Do you know the high pitched sound a radio makes when it's not quite tuned to a station? The high pitched noise that, in its annoyance, takes you directly to the source to twiddle the knobs? Well...
26
26

Van Norman Brake Lathe for sale in WA
http://barrpublishing.com/VanNorman.html

testing freeagent
Testing, testing...
2
2

help with design
hey everyone. first time realy posting here... i have a few questionsa about a little project im working on hopefully you can help. im making a thermal lance (aka, burning bar, oxygen torch, thirmic...
5
5

Req for info: Non-sequential fuel injection?
OK, the question has to do with the multi-port fuel injection system in my '85 toyota camry. (this is the car that exhibits a peculiar stall-under-load effect, highly intermittent) Looking thru the...
34
34

Narex Model CAT40-32-16OU info help
Narex Model CAT40-32-16OU On EBay but I can find no info on minimum bore diameter. The seller doesn't have any additional info either. Any help out there? TIA JohnF I'm gonna post to AMC also
3
3

OT: Engine advice
As the Tappet Brothers are on vacation for the summer I come to you with a problem. #2 daughter called the other day to report her car overheated and stalled. Dutiful dad fills a few milk jugs with...
14
14