Subject Author Posted Replies

Harbor Freight Coupons
You can also download & print them at:
3

'Puter gloat
Snagged a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, like new, Vista Home, 2gig DC proccessor, 3gig ram, for 75 Quatloos. God, Vista is so dumbed down, had none of the nuts-and-bolts functionality of 2000 or ME....
6
6

Auto Body metal working
I've been interested for a long time in auto body work and painting but never had a clunker to play with. Since buying my Ford Ranger, my F-350 will be going up for sale, I hope to sell it within...
69
69

New (to me) bandsaw update
The new saw shows up and it's in great shape! Everything works but we haven't exactly figured out the vise. It slides free then it seems like a cam lock of some sort clamps the work in the vise....
4
4

air arc welding
I got a nasty little job. The joker that had the backhoe before me tried to repair the loose pin by just reaching down inside and welding on the pin. He did a real shitty job and just made it damn...
14
14

My lady can run a backhoe
Julie just sent me this: Today's Inspirational Lesson Never irritate a woman who can operate a backhoe... endeth the lesson. Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings...They simply...
4
4

Slitting on a mill
I need to slit a piece of mild steel 0.500" thick and 0.875 deep to a 0.652 hole. This will be a clamp to attach to a motor shaft. Never used a slitting saw before, therefore I am asking for any...
14
14

More calliope stuff
--Getting ready to build another one; any useful input appreciated.
1
1

OT: ESD prevention (no ground situation)?
Let's say you want to build a computer(*) into the interior of some wooden wasted space in a travel trailer. There's no ground in the conventionl sense, so how do you go about preventing static arcs...
13
13

OT:bulk email and website
I'm looking for software to do a task and getting a bewildering number of options. There is an industry group of approximately 200 email addresses to send individual emails to once a week for a few...
17
17

fa: Lubrisizer - for you guys who want to hand load
this is a fairly old one - the new ones are painted bright green - anyone know when they changed over? took me a while to figure out what I had, but yes, it's what the title says it is

OT: Hurt Locker
On Memorial Day eve, I thought a DVD that was related to the military would be a good rental so I rented "Hurt Locker". What a pathetic movie. The best thing I can say about it is at least our guys...
14
14

Great WWII reenactment today
Myself and my kids went to the IL train museum. Unbeknownst to us, there was a huge WWII reenactment at the museum. It was very nicely done. It was themed as US vs. German fighting in Italy. At the...
12
12

Lathe for Sale
just finished going through a rather nice second ops lathe that I purchased at an auction in LA a few years ago and have had in storage. Feeler copy of the Hardinge DV-59 Second Ops lathe. Everything...

Even more welding machines for sale
300amp 220volt single phase welder. Run it off your garage power or your electric dryer outlet Ive cleaned it up, repainted it, cleaned all contactors and switches and tested it. It works very nicely...
9
9