Subject Author Posted Replies

Welding machine clearance
the price to $75 each. Yall can test em before buying them. Id LOVE to get these out of my way. These came out of the LA school system, and they are NOT toy machines, but full power welders. AC...
1
1

Cement mixer motor
I bought a hefty cement mixer recently. An old one with lots of steel, even steel wheels. It needs a motor. The drum is pretty good sized, about twice or more what those little ones at HD are. Got the...
7
7

What kind of tubing connector is this? fscked up something
is a part of the Bijur lubrication system. The tubing is really tiny, maybe 1/8" OD. It is used to deliver oil to the head. When disconnecting the head, I may have pulled the tube too hard and that's...
9
9

How to remove a very stubborn and high risk socket head cap screw
Sorry for a bunch of posts at once. I worked all day long (almost) and gave 1500 lbs of old junk to a scrapper. Never had this problem before and I REALLY do not want to screw up. The head of the...
33
33

VObration tumbilng steel bolts?
I have a quantity of larger size steel bolts and nuts (5/8 and up). It is a nice pile from which I get just what I need for whatever I am doing. Except that they are dirty and rusty. My question is,...
14
14

Steam powered cycle Burner problems
For the last 8 years I have been working on a steam powered cycle off and on. I bought plans and parts of it in a kit from Cole's power models, It is called the Vesuvius and was designed in 1884. it...
6
6

How to size a punch press?
Got a guy who welds up dune buggies and whatnot..and called me today about finding him a punch press so he can stamp out various bits and pieces for the kits he is planning on selling His requirement...
14
14

Missed you guys
Been stuck in LV for three weeks on a project. Off for a couple of days here, then back for about three more weeks. Then it's time to get back, do some fishing, get some shade put up, and do some...
1
1

Metal gloat
I was looking for some metal to make sheds, carports, shades, like that. I had a guy who was just a plain flake. Been trying to spend money with him for six months, but he was always busy. Turned out...

Todays metal related activities
My metal working for today was shopping for a small air conditioner for my machine room and modeling an adjustable feed tube for an assembly cell at work. That was an excuse to play with my copy of...
15
15

Update on the CNC -- decided to retrofit instead of fix
I have made up my mind. I will not try to fix the existing control. I will buy a control box from Jon Elson and will use EMC/Linux. I am really looking forward to that. i
2
2

FS-Second Ops lathe
went through it, corrected a few issues, its now a decent enough machine for production use. Ill even toss in some tooling 6 postition turret, double acting cross slide. A clone of the Hardinge DV59...
5
5

mystery bracket - any clue what this fits?
I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen this before, but darned if I can remember on what - I don't think it's automotive, though it could be. it is presumably held in place with...
11
11

Free Bandsaw !
A friend of my friend Bill the Machinist had three (yup , three!) trees fall on his shop . He had to crawl out of the mess on his belly ... Bill called me the other day to see if I could help clean...
12
12

Steel bolt in aluminum: anti-seize or anti-ox?
I am repairing an aluminum brake (i.e., a brake for bending aluminum house flashing/cladding). It is made of aluminum castings and extrusions, held together with steel bolts and screws. Every single...
1
1