Subject Author Posted Replies

floating tool holder - can we actually talk about metal working
while the 99% scream about politics, can the three remaining people who remember anything about metal and working chime in here? I use a chucking reamer to make accurate holes after drilling them on...
35
35

Making a plug for the broken end of an extension spring
The same neighbor with the broken recip saw has a broken 7" angle grinder that he'd like me to fix for him. It's the switch on the grinder that's broken - the return spring on the trigger has a broken...
1
1

Wrenching GM brake pins
The one wrench moment that stands out in my mind. Friend of mine has a Buick station wagon. Wanted to do front brakes. Well, the pins for the calipers are rotted on. I ended up slotting them with a...
7
7

Rosebud torch selection for proper SCFH
I would like to find myself a rosebud torch for my Victor 315FC handle. The warnings on rosebuds say that I may not exceed the use rate of 1/7 of my cylinder capacity in SCFH (cubic feet per hour). I...
9
9

420 stainless
My wife has hundreds of knives we are going to blow out on ebay soon. Samples. I went through, and found ONE that I liked. Nice rosewood handle, and it says 420 stainless steel on the blade. Most are...
3
3

HF Mini Lathe - Ready To Step up Already
I've got an HF 7 x 10 mini lathe and its actually done ok. Quite often it exceeds the workability of the materials, but I found it to be just a tad under powered yesterday when I was roughing an...
36
36

Injection Molding
Well, my first injection mold worked out pretty well. It was a crude first mold milled from some left over 5052. It worked. I didn't know how much my media would shrink on cooling and didn't know I...
8
8

What are these cute lietle Kaiser things for? Flycutters?
These are pretty small, they are the size of a quarter, roughly. http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/kaiser.jpg
16
16

BIG Enco lathe-Bakersfield
This might actually be a good deal association with the seller Gunner -- "First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world...
1
1

Cigar question
Any cigar smokers here? I got a wooden box, paper covered, at a yard sale. Original IRS stamp on it. Open the lid, and it's Three Star Junior Straights. 8c Ottumwa, Ia On the side, it says they are to...
1
1

Shamefully simple electricital question
Today, I found out my garden dog shocker wasn't working after coming home and finding my new rescue dog full of manure, compost and mud. She got into the fresh flower bed. The wire shocker there...
7
7

How to quench a digging bar
I have a 6 foot long "digging bar" that I bought for $3 at a garage sale. It is made out of a 1 1/8" or so hex bar. On one end of it, it looks like a metal chisel (not wood chisel). On the other end,...
22
22

Milling gummy aluminum- advice?
I am making some rack mounts out of (presumably 6063) 2x2x1/4 angle. My results are not good. I am using a new, sharp, two flute 3/8" end mill with WD-40 as cutting fluid. Spindle speed is about 2800;...
11
11

What is the purpose of an inner "C" stop ring in a bolt action rifle?
The barrel has male threads and screws into the receiver's female threads. The shoulder of the barrel stops at and presses against the end of the large ring of rifle receiver. Some rifles have an...
3
3

Carb jet?
I bought an old Powermate 3KW generator with a Tecumseh OHH55 5.5HP engine that doesn't run as smoothly as I'd like, to me it sounds, smells and the plug looks lean. The Date of Manufacture is 8068...
14
14