Subject Author Posted Replies

Got Pumps ?
Send 'em to Millington Tn . Levee on the navy base breached , up to 12 feet of water in places on the east side of town . Our son and DIL were among those displaced , looks right now like all they got...
7
7

Pictures of a double hook that I welded together
welded this double hook from two Harbor Freight grab hooks and a 1/4" steel plate. The purpose of it is to let me use arbitrary lengths of chain, single and two ends, when lifting stuff, as well as...
31
31

Who sells railing components in MN
Does anyone stock and sell items for building handrails like prepunched 1 1/2" channel and handrail cap anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? I used to buy it from Garelick Steel in Mpls. but they no...
3
3

Product Liability Insurance
Awl -- Any experiences, thoughts on this? Here's a link with some actual prices for specific products: understanding is that the rate is proportional to the number of sold units, which makes some...
7
7

Auction Report
I went over to the auction that I reported earlier in the week. I went after everything was gone but I found out that the machines went for less than $1200. In fact, the guy that bought the Concord...
1
1

What?
``First, single-phase induction motor can be used continuously operating capacitor induction motors, high power and low noise. Second, reversible motor with instant conversion does not occur almost...
6
6

Oiler - Oil Can
Ok... I have tried a number of different off the shelf plastic spray bottles. They all seem to fail in fairly short order. Some will work again if you (yuck!) suck on the nozzle for a second. Its like...
13
13

Surplus Jiffy-Tap or Jiffy-Drill out there?
Anyone have a surplus or highly affordable Jiffy-Tap or Jiffy-Drill in stock and wanting to sell? Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills:...
4
4

Emerold Ash Borer
Emerald Ash Borer is in the news again. Looks like I got a year or two but this pest is coming to MN. We have a couple high value ash trees. Anyway, I spent some time investigating. Trunk injections...
3
3

Behind the green door
By Robert Bryce Sunday, April 25, 2010 Americans are being inundated with claims about renewable and alternative energy. Advocates for these technologies say that if we jettison fossil fuels, we'll...
1
1

New Harbor Freight website has MAJOR security hole!!!
DO NOT USE IT!!!! I went there and looked it over. Yes it's slow. They have a notice that if you had an account prior to the 19 you need to sign up for a new one. I clicked the account button to...
19
19

Tapered pin or split collar
We have to replace a 6" diameter x 1.5" wide cast iron gear that has two broken teeth. It's in the middle of a 4' long 1.25" dia. shaft. The original gear was pinned to the shaft with a .5" taper pin...
12
12

Harbor Freight website redesigned
All the old links to items no longer work... They will soon lose a lot of pagerank and inbound traffic for nothing... Talk about lousy SEO... It is also slow. The site, though, looks good. i
19
19

clamp crossing tubing
I have sixty spots where I need to clamp a horizontal 7/8 conduit to a vertical 7/8 conduit. Looking for a part to do this with no joy. So far my best solution is to get two hole conduit wall clamps:...
12
12

Vibratory tumblers
Has anyone ever made their own vibratory tumbler? Does anyone use one to tumble small steel parts?
4
4