OT unknown unknows and the economy

John Carroll has made a convincing argument that much, even most, of the current economic/financial/fiscal problems are due more to psychological/intelectual problems than any "economic" factors. This article reinforces this view from the perspective of both the consumer and banker/lender.

David Dunning, in his book ?Self-Insight,? calls the Dunning-Kruger Effect ?the anosognosia of everyday life.?[10] When I first heard the word ?anosognosia,? I had to look it up. Here?s one definition:

Anosognosia is a condition in which a person who suffers from a disability seems unaware of or denies the existence of his or her disability.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

So, this bank robber is in denial of his short roundness and should have known better not to be caught on video cause everybody knows that shape most likely belongs to him only?

I'll repeat myself, maybe you missed it. About a month ago my old neighbor had an appraisal of his house. Back when the bubble was the largest the house appraised at $208,000 now it's $20,000.

Heard last week from an in law that went visiting in vegas and now the mexicans are buying simi trailers and renting them out to make slum mexican barrios.

Back when I did pools I got to see lots of people's places. Many times I really thought about how these people could afford all these toys. They would have a brand new $300k house, new boat, 4 jet skis, 2 ATV's, 3 new cars, RV, and half a $50k pool. And they where around a lot.

I had that gut feeling and tried to get out a year earlier, but got talked into another year contract. I thought I got ripped selling my house, now I feel slightly guilty.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

"Existential Angst" on Thu, 1 Jul 2010

20:51:22 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Some folks go to Games just for the tailgate parties. Heck, with the price of tickets, I'd go just for the tailgate parties - if I cared enough.

Cheaper than inside the Stadium.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich