Subject Author Posted Replies

Finally a gloat for me
(this message may duplicate from eternal-september when they get around to sending it in a year or two) (image links inline with text - questions towards the end) ====================== I have known...
91
91

metal cutting circular saw blades
Hi, Hoping there's someone out there who can point me in the direction of a good blade that 1) lasts well, and 2) doesn't break the bank. I seem to remember that for a few years Tenryu (sp?) was the...

tweezers?
what's the consensus on the best (sliver removing) tweezers? b.w.
52
52

Visible Warning Device
I have a new progressive reloading press (a Dillon XL650), which has an automatic alarm device to tell you when the powder hopper is getting low. It's basically a weighted piston that rides on top of...
11
11

OT: Music in my shop
This is a bit off topic but I don't think there is another newsgroup on the Internet with more knowledgeable people on almost any topic so here goes. I love the Old Time Radio shows and has one of the...
6
6

Dewalt miter saw stops
I have a dewalt 705 miter saw. The sae first started to stay on regarless of pressing the handle now when you press the handle it comes on sometimes for a split second then does not do anything....
6
6

"Adjust Tru" Chucks
I have a mini-lathe, but even for those with the larger machines I was looking for opinions on whether or not the "Adjust Tru" feature on something like the Bison is really worth the money. Is any...
36
36

microscope illuminators anyone?
I ended up with a lifetime supply of microscope illuminator light sources - some are ready to go, but I have a pile that need a lamp (they use EKE or EJA) and a part of a fuse holder - of course I can...
1
1

weathering steel
On a recent episode of "factory made" on the manufacture of light rail cars they mentioned that the frames were made of what they called "weathering steel" which was described as an alloy which only...
13
13

Larger SGIH cutoff blade was needed
For cutting bars off in the Clausing 5914 lathe, I have been using a up-side-down SGIH19-2 blade in a up-side-down Dorian D30BXA-7-71C holder, which fits a Aloris BXA toolpost. The lathe is run in...
2
2

looking to buy metal lathe price questions
I'm in the market for an older american made metal lathe Logan South Bend Atlas Any info on pricing? 9" or 10" X 24"
29
29

Gift Box
playing...
5
5

Injection molding photos
--Put up a set of photos on flickr; of interest to anyone trying injection molding in the home shop. Explore this photo album by Steamboat Ed on Flickr!
14
14

Income gap between rich and poor
My own theory in the widening income gap between well paid people and badly paid people is very simple. It is not very much about politics and mostly about economics, IQs and productivity. economics...
123
123

Mini drill press for kids
My older son will turn 9 soon and we are thinking of some present that is mechanically related. We bought a drill press type of holder for a Dremel tool. At first I thought that it was a mistake and I...
20
20