Subject Author Posted Replies

Somewhat OT: Well Wiring
From what I understand of wire insulation codes, ANY TW or THWN wire (or other wire with a W in the type code) is waterproof, period. Conduits are assumed to be full of water if they run outside, so...
9

Closing aluminium tube ends
I'm working on a little project (a spotlight) that is basically a bit of aluminium tubing, 50mm ID, 5mm wall thickness. I was wondering the best way to close the end of the tube that doesn't have the...
17
17

Hardwood Flooring
Any advantage of one or the other when considering pre-finished VS unfinished wood flooring other than the obvious work involved in finishing the raw stuff? I'm thinking total cost and durability,...
30
30

Western snow plow with all hydraulics and controller
Would you say it is worth $220? if it works?
40
40

Reading RCM via Mac?
--A pal of mine was wondering what other Mac users prefer for reading usenet. I'm on the PC side of the fence using putty and haven't a clue what's on the Mac side. Suggestions welcome and I'll pass...
8
8

Type "J" bushing and Aloris AXA-104
Found that the set screws in my AXA-104 boring bar holder do not match the two holes in the type J bushing. A bit of mill work to alter the rear hole and extend it to the front. Next time I'll get the...
2
2

Some CAD/CAM history
7
7

Lubricant for plastic on metal
I have some cheap electrical pushbutton switches that are showing signs of wear on the plastic moving part. Also, plastic "dust" is fouling the contacts. Would heavy lithium grease, mainly because I...
15
15

Bob's Homemade Paper Cutter
's a run what you brung kinda project. Took 6.5 hours to mill the top plate. Only took about 2 to make the bottom plate. It takes 28 minutes per run to cut ten sheets plus a sacrificial one. I jacked...
4
4

fun with your tractor
экскаватор Liebherr
22
22

Thread cutting history book on Gutenberg
2
2

labeling plastic parts bins
labeling plastic parts bins Try Avery's removable labels. They hold well on many surfaces - Ackro style parts bins - floppies - labels on plastic (acrylic/something) cans. Sticking them to a desktop,...

ARGH!!! brake controller 104
I bought a brake controller that uses a sensor in the brake line. Today, I took the brake line apart at the master cylinder, installed the "T" and sensor. Had my better half pump the brakes while I...
26
26

Coolant Drill Bushings
Anyone know of a bushing like the following: with the coolant going straight onto the tool while still inside the bushing? ....Or ones that permanently press into a housing rather than into a sleeve?
2
2

Westec Cruising 2010
Went to Westec Tuesday. It was held in the South Hall just like the 2009 Westec. There may have been a few more booths than last year but nothing like in it's heyday years where it filled two large...
7
7